• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't view all SD folders on PC

crboone

Android Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2010
USA
Is there a way to view all (or at least more) of the SD folders on my PC via USB connection? The only ones I can access are those I created on the PC (except for DCIM). I like to retain extra backups of everything, so I'd like to back up my apps, bookmarks, etc to the PC where they are backed up to another drive.

I compared the owner, group and permissions of the PC-created folders vs the Droid X backup folders and they're the same. And I have the option to show hidden files selected on the PC. Do I have to remove/read from the card itself to access these folders?

I'm new to the DX, and Android in general, however, I've found that with the connection mode set to PC that you don't see everything that's on the card. Changing to mass storage mode will present the entire contents of the card to you so can you back it up.

You can switch between them while the phone is plugged in. Swiping down the notification bar and then pressing on USB connection will bring up the dialog so you can select between the various modes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones