• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't view some photos

Had anyone else been having this issue? :thinking:

A while back HTC told me my SD card had blown when this same problem started happening on my phone shortly before all my ebooks started dissappearing. They kindly offered a replacement but I bought my own, better class one. But this has recently started happening again. The pics are always accessible via connection to my PC, I just can't view them on the phone. This suggested lag rather than another blown SD. :cool:

I read somewhere that enabling USB debugging in Applications>Development might help with lag so did that, then tried the unmount/re-mount SD. I wasn't consumed with dissappointment when it didn't work BUT... after, I left my phone in picture viewing mode for a few minutes then went back to it... the pics were back! :eek:

So if you're still getting this problem patience might be the key but does anyone know if there's a fix for it?

...and, when all's said and done, am I the only one finding the Camera(or maybe software) on the DHD less than impressive? :D

Snap, another posting said to do a 'soft reset' - take the battery out while the phone is still on then out it back. That bought back my pictures from a few days ago but deleted everything else. I checked my DCIM/100 MEDIA folder which now contains a random selection of some i took today, a few from the other day and some I deleted ages ago. :-(

It's sad because it means my phone is completely unusable as a reliable camera unless i take a pic and upload it somewhere before it dessappears!

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd update that although I never managed to resolve this issue, I have downloaded an app called 'fast reboot' (free version) and added it as a widget on my home screen. It reboots the phone in seconds and I just use it now and then but at least once a day. Since then, my pics have stayed put. I not counting my chickens that that's the end of the problem but so far so good...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.greatbytes.fastreboot&feature=more_from_developer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones