Can't view texts from VerizonSupport

1. rusty1945

rusty1945 Member

When Verizon Wireless sends a text to my wife's Droid Incredible 2 say for a password change, it cannot be viewed. When you click on the text, nothing happens. Other texts can be viewed just fine. I'm wondering if there is some setting that will allow viewing of Verizon texts.

Advertisement
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Is this a text you've gotten before and able to view? I've been with Verizon for over 10 years and I've never gotten a text from them like this.
  3. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Every time I pay my bill or a payment posts to my account I get a text from 900080003498 VZW FREE MSG: confirming my payment or whatever action or info had been done/changed.
    I get them quite often but I have always been able to see/read them.
    I have no idea what is going on with your situation.

Maybe you could try adding the above number to people/address book/contacts and name it VZW FREE MSG: ???
  4. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Hmm, that's odd. I've never gotten one of those texts. :confused:
  5. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

ya..... they been meaning to talk to you about that......... you should really pay your bill :)

as to the subject at hand for the OP........ are the texts coming from VZWNMN: 1 ????
  6. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Yeah, those messages are associated with VZW's sync and connect feature that they take the liberty of signing you up for whenever you use anything but the native gmail app to set up email.
    If you use the hTC client to set up one of the pre defined accounts on the selection menu this will happen.
    Right when you fist set it up they ping you with a free message from Verizon reading something like Thank you for using the sync & connect feature...
    You have to opt out of the feature to make these messages stop.
    You can on the my Verizon website, but I don't remember exactly how to get straight to it.
    Just when you look around for it hit stop/disable the sync & connect feature.
    It is supposed show all your email accounts configured in one place so you can access all your mail.
  7. rusty1945

rusty1945 Member

Nope, never been able to view these. I have an original Droid Incredible and can view them just fine. An example of this is when Verizon sends a text to let you know you're roaming.
  8. rusty1945

rusty1945 Member

OK, I'll try that.
  9. rusty1945

rusty1945 Member

I'll check on this, but don't think my wife uses her phone for email at all. Thanks for the tip