Can't View Video From Forwarded E-Mail...Support

Last Updated:

1. mts0628

mts0628 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Fellow Droid 2 users:

So, this is my first post but let me say I have used the search function to no avail.

I have a video that was sent to me at my gmail account and it was sent by a Black Berry. The video played on the BB but when I tried to view it in the message from my phone, I could not even download it. In the email, it has a paperclip with a point to the right, and the name if it is VID 00028.3GP (262kb size). I could not do anything with the attachment and when I touched the paperclip icon, it wouldn't do anything. I forwarded the email to another person and she could view the video- from her iPhone.

So, that's my dilemma and I hope you can help. By the way, I am a Verizon user and my Droid 2 has Android version 2.2. If you need anything else, please let me know. If you want me to send the movie to you for troubleshooting, please PM me and I will. It's just the winning touchdown to my University's game today and I don't mind sharing it- because it was awesome but I'd like to know why I can't watch or download it.

Thanks in advance for reading and for any help you might be able to provide.

With kindest regards,
    Thomas

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I had my girlfriend send me a video file. I couldn't download it in gmail either, I could only view it, that's stupid.

I was able to download it with the default email app though.

A workaround would be to log into your gmail acccount from your phone's browser and save it from there.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Get Blackmoon attachsave (free and paid versions) to save attachments.