Can't watch youtube videos on S4Support

1. waffleman12

waffleman12 New Member

During a regular internet session, I noticed that my flashplayer needed to be updated. All right, what's the harm? I said. Went onto the Android flashplayer archives and installed flashplayer. Then I tested it out and at the screen it said an error occurred. Confused, I went to go watch a video, and it didn't load. I went back to the archives and checked what I actually downloaded. I had installed flash player for 4.0.x, instead of my actual os, 4.2.2. I deleted the flash player and the video still didn't work. Since flash player is no longer supported, I'm wondering how I can get videos back up and running?

Advertisement
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I've never been able to get the last few versions of YouTube to work on my Google Edition S4 with Android 4.3. Regardless of how many times I've factory reset it just will not play videos and continually crashes the phone to where I have to yank the battery.

I ended up uninstalling all the latest versions and now use version 4.5.17. This version works flawlessly. Not a single crash. I've no idea why either.

This phone isn't rooted, but my previous phones were. Perhaps when I get off my lazy butt and root the phone I can flash a custom rom and not have anymore YouTube issues.
  3. jackbon

jackbon Member

when i watch youtube vids from the youtube app on my s4, i often see image distortion on certain parts of the screen.