• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't write to any sd card.

epicboy

Feb 16, 2015
Hey guys. So I'm on stock with root access, and I can't write anything to my internal or external sd. If I try to download something, it automatically says download failed. On CM this issue is non existent, but I can't use cm due to the bugs present. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Your internal storage and micro SD card might be mounted as read only instead of read/write. Sometimes this happens although I'm not sure why. If you have root explorer open it, navigate to your internal storage and SD card and near the top where it tells how much free/used space you have it will say r/w or r/o. If it says r/o press mount r/w. Other root file managers probably have this function but root explorer is all I use usually.

Upvote 0
Your internal storage and micro SD card might be mounted as read only instead of read/write. Sometimes this happens although I'm not sure why. If you have root explorer open it, navigate to your internal storage and SD card and near the top where it tells how much free/used space you have it will say r/w or r/o. If it says r/o press mount r/w. Other root file managers probably have this function but root explorer is all I use usually.
Nope, that didn't do it. It was mounted as r/w but I still can't write anything on my sd.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones