1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Capacitive buttons light up, phone does not wake up/bootSupport

1. DrAMP14

DrAMP14 New Member

Yesterday my fiance's EVO 3D screen just went black but the menu buttons are still lit and it vibrates when you turn it on, she had left it on the charger the night before and then it was working fine for a little while and a hour or so later the screen just went black, is there any way to fix this by hooking it up through the computer or anything so we don't have to go to sprint and wait forever and a day for a replacement phone.

Thanks - DrAMP14

Advertisement
    :
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

questions:

are you rooted?
    did you remove the battery for 3 minutes, reinstall and then check?
    are you using a case and/or screen protector?

does the red led light up if you attempt to charge the unit? does it flash or show any other color?
  3. Dreadknought

Dreadknought New Member

I have the same issue as described above. A few weeks ago I installed an extended battery. A few days later, the phone failed to charge overnight, and then I spent the remainder of the day trying to get the phone to charge. Left the phone inside the car on the car charger for a few hours. Eventually the phone took a charge, but now the screen is black. Phone functions normally, just cannot see the screen. Have successfully taken calls. Took it to a repair shop who said it was a bad back light and wanted $120 for the repair. I ended up buying a replacement screen. Just completed the install with the new screen, but I still have the same problem. Screen is black...
    Phone is factory stock save for normal apps.