capacitive or not?General

Last Updated:

1. sonic20236

sonic20236 New Member This Topic's Starter

hi all.
    are the screens on the x10 truly capacitive?? is there a difference?. hardware, software? only asking because being the user of an i pod touch they are very different. with the x10 being much less responsive/error prone/over sensitive?. also reading this questions the type of screen Capacitive sensing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . especially the 'advantages' part about cleaning with cloths and accidental command inputs. which, im sad to say is wrong, because mine does, and also when in my pocket it has had 'accidental command inputs!' lalso if i squeeze the side of the phone it will input somthing random. all of which doesnt happen with my ipod touch!. so could the x10 be a mix of capacitive and resistive?
    sorry if i went on a bit, and thanks for your time

Advertisement
  2. afhstingray

afhstingray Active Member

there is no such thing as a "mix". it is a capacitive touch screen

3. sonic20236

sonic20236 New Member This Topic's Starter

yes didnt think there would be.
    and without sounding funny my point is, why is it showing some Characteristics of a resistive screen?, eg. activating things in my pocket, or when i wipe finger print smudges off on my t-shirt (no holes in my clothes;)). squeeze the side of the phone,, or should i say holding tightly while tryin to open usb cover ;)
    thanks again

4. afhstingray

afhstingray Active Member

it works by detecting the small electrical field that your skin has. this field can go through things like your t shirt. this is how you can use a screen protector and it can still detect ur touch.

about squeezing, probably your skin comes close to the touch sensitive area of the panel

5. redesignni

redesignni Active Member

My iPhone, although not supposed to, can detect presses through clothes as well... I was trying to prove a point that it couldnt and it made me look stupid when it reacted through my clothes :(

6. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

Troll?

7. Museite

Museite Member

Whom?

8. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

9. HKJohn

HKJohn Member

I have a similar problem but much worse and it's making my phone unusable! Did you ever find a solution?

10. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

Back everything up (sync contacts online and copy the pics and music and videos off the phone) then do a factory reset in the options.

Remove all the junk you have loaded on it since you got it.

Just like a computer. I recommended reinstall once every 6-8 months if you are a very heavy user and have at one point downloaded a bunch of different apps, no matter what Android phone you have.