capi_worker module stopped workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Charlie

Charlie New Member This Topic's Starter

Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

after installing htc sync 2.04 (and any other version I can find)
    I get capi_worker module stopped working message on reboot.

I've tried all the options I can find regarding adding com ports - updating sony drivers etc.

anyone had this - got a working fix?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. ColleenB

ColleenB New Member

I have the same problem. I'm running XP Professional with all the latest updates. I have a HTC Incredible. I've got the latest HTC Sync software. I've done it all exactly by the instructions 4 times now. That includes uninstalling software, rebooting the PC, disabling antivirus and spyware, re-installing, rebooting just for good luck, reconnecting the Droid, switching the "connect to pc" to "HTC Sync". When I try to start the sync, the pc says, "CAPI_Worker module encountered a problem and needs to close..." After the initial try, both Sync now and Sync manager simply do NOTHING. In the bottom right corner you see that the phone is connected (it changes from Disc to the name). The application installer works. I am desperate to sync my Outlook 2007 contacts. I use them in my business. I've got them all categorized, etc. Please help? HTC Helpdesk person had "never heard" of the CAPI module problem, yet it's all over the various forum. Hmmm... Help? Thanks!

3. par4bri

par4bri New Member

EVO 4G on Windows 7 Pro

I am able to fix by reinstalling HTC Sync, however I have to do this twice a week. HTC is not too eager to look into this. I wonder how many people such as myself are going to return to Blackberry.

4. ChuckRYC

ChuckRYC New Member

Im having the same issue on an EVO. Have to reinstall HTC Sync on Vista-64 box and reboot the phone while connected. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Only happens with Calendar. Contacts are ok. Microsoft Outlook 2007. Please help. Doing this twice a week is not productive!

5. pompey7474

pompey7474 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with capi module worker ,i have looked into it and from what i can make out if you have had any sony ericsson programs on your computer it messes with your bluetooth.