• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Capitalization Issues

JellyBean25

Lurker
Apr 23, 2012
Just updated my Samsung Captivate to 2.3. One problem that I'm seeing that's more annoying than problematic is that when texting, the auto-capitalization works right after a period at the end of the sentence. However, it does not work after a question mark or exclamation point.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Yes. I use the text messages in the same way as I had before, but capitalization is not automatic following all punctuation and spaces. I am a stickler for being grammatically correct in text messages. So, I would think the normal typing functions would be automatic. I think it's mostly frustrating that the old version functions normally, and the new one is worse.

Upvote 0
The gingerbread update for the Captivate wasn't the best implementation. You could try a different keyboard to see if it's system-wide. Enable Swype and see if that has the same problems. I have my Captivate flashed to ICS which puts the GB update to shame, but it's not my daily phone, so I can play with it.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones