CapitalsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Meh

Meh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all.

After updating to the new(er) firmware I4 on O2 UK I've now got the Samsung keyboard, which I don't like as much as the standard Android keyboard. Major gripe is lack of a shift key to capitalise the next letter. Any way round this as having to select the Abc function is very annoying.

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. boomtopper

boomtopper Active Member

Better keyboard might be worth a try as it uses a shit key to capitalise words. Also the gestures are really useful too.

3. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

If you hold down on a text blox and go to select input method, is the android keyboard available at all?

4. Ferox

Ferox Well-Known Member

I was the same the keyboard in ii4 really is horrible! I tried Better Keyboard though found it was'nt as compatible as it had been on ii5 so i searched the Market for an alternative and found 'Touchpal' Even better than Better Keyboard in my opinion and wait for yes it's FREE!

5. Nefser

Nefser Active Member

Anyone else have a problem using an alternate keyboard? Installed Touchpal to give it a whirl, ticked the option to turn it on, but it isn't coming up, nor is there any other option to turn it on.

Has my keyboard option been hijacked and I'm doomed to use this one forever?

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

hold down 123 and select input

7. Nefser

Nefser Active Member

Touchpal force closes on me. :-(

Btw, had to press and hold on an input selection to get the input method choice, whereas many other keyboards give you that option along with changing your keyboard format.