• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help caps while texting

so at first my Hero was lagging a bit on turning caps off when texting so my first two letters would always be caps. but now i have to manually turn it off every time or the whole message will be in caps. it NEVER turns off automatically.

i'm using the phone keypad setting btw. when i turn it sideways the keypad doesn't have capitalization problems but sometimes it doesnt show what im typing and i have to get outta the keyboard to see it. besides those two problems my phone is fine. i can accept the not being able to see the message as im typing as lagging but the auto-caps has to be a setting right??

plz help, thanks

so at first my Hero was lagging a bit on turning caps off when texting so my first two letters would always be caps. but now i have to manually turn it off every time or the whole message will be in caps. it NEVER turns off automatically.

i'm using the phone keypad setting btw. when i turn it sideways the keypad doesn't have capitalization problems but sometimes it doesnt show what im typing and i have to get outta the keyboard to see it. besides those two problems my phone is fine. i can accept the not being able to see the message as im typing as lagging but the auto-caps has to be a setting right??

plz help, thanks

Im gonna bump this as this is a recent thing on my Hero too. Past 3 days. Im on my second handset coz the first one couldnt find a signal for s**t. This one is marginally better but now Im also having the 'always on caps' problem

Marti . . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones