Captivate and a Bluetooth keyboard (or mouse)

Last Updated:

1. SacredAndroid

SacredAndroid New Member This Topic's Starter

I know the Dell Streak is noted to have the ability to use a Bluetooth keyboard with it. And a mouse, I think?

Will you be able to use a bluetooth keyboard with the Captivate? mouse?

It runs the 3.0 bluetooth, would that be an issue? Can 2.0 bluetooth devices work with 3.0?

Advertisement
  2. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

I dont know about your first question, but any 3.0 bluetooth device can use 2.0 devices.

3. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Looks like you can buy drivers on the market. It's a full BT keyboard manager as well. The product page includes supported models, & they're saying it runs on 1.6 or newer.

The guy who runs that site (mmgtony)'s a member here. Seems he's posted a bunch here as well as on other android forums.

4. jabooh1

jabooh1 Well-Known Member

I am new to the Adroid phones. Is 2.1 = 2.1 no matter what phone it is on? I see a lot of people syncing the Freedom Universal Keyboard to their devices but I have the new Samsung Captivate and don't want to purchase the keyboard ($80) without knowing it will work.

Has anyone acutally linked a BTKB to the Captivate?

Any help?

5. moto-six

moto-six Active Member

I have a modded Dream. I may get flamed for this but anyone check this out? I wouldn't mind it. Looks like a cool way to go, if it works. Couldn't find a demo for the Android though.
    YouTube - Flexible Bluetooth Keyboard for Windows/Mac/iPad/Android/Symbian