• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate blocking incoming texts?

mattjns93

Oct 14, 2010
I've been using Handcent SMS for about a week. However, 3 or 4 times, there just comes a point where my phone completely stops receiving texts. I can't pinpoint when it happens because there appears to be no pattern. I've tried clearing my entire inbox, rebooting it, and even (as I read on the ATT forum) take the battery out while it's on then take the sim card out, and none work.

The only fix I've found is to take the sim card out and put it in another phone, wait around 5+ minutes (even that seems to take awhile in another phone) then all of a sudden, all my missed texts come rushing to that phone. Then when I put that sim card back into my phone, it works again.

Does this sound like a sim/ATT problem or a phone problem?

EDIT: Just called ATT and they said they've never had this problem reported and said I should return my phone. I have until November 14th to do so. I'm going to wait a week I think. I deleted ATK, since I've read that's a possible cause of the issue. It seems to be happening once a week. I just don't want to wait too long then find out it keeps happening after my 30-day return period is up.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones