Captivate boots to black screen?Support

Last Updated:

1. Somby

Somby New Member

Ealier today I had been playing a video on the browser, that video kept stopping so I would restart it. After it stopped again I went to restart the video only to see that the screen was black and unresponsive.

So I'm not all that knowledgeable when it comes to the technical issues of a phone. I just know how to mess around with it to make it work for me so I hope my explanation isn't too confusing.

Anyway The screen is black it wont show anything.The buttons at the bottm are responsive though - if I press the home button the phone will vibrate as normal it's just I cant see anything. I've pulled the battery out at least 4 times already and when I start the phone the At&t logo will show up and then switch to the 3g animation but it's sort of dulled out. It's not as bright as I know it's suppose to be. And then after that It just goes black, it wont even show the Galaxy S logo. The buttons at the bottom will light up though and I can still hear the sounds.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this? By myself that is, I want to try and fix it before having it taken somewhere in-case that isn't necessary.
    Any help is appreciated :)