• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help captivate doesn't vibrate as well

chrisp28103

Lurker
Oct 11, 2010
Hi,
I just dropped my phone the other day, and ever since that happened my captivate barely vibrates when it receives a text/call/email..etc.. I checked the settings and the vibration intensity is still turned all the way up, but it does not vibrate nearly as intensely as it used to. Obviously, it must be a hardware issue. If you guys have any thoughts about how I could fix this, I would really appreciate it. I bought my captivate on craig's list, so I know AT&T won't help me out, so I'm thinking if nothing else, I'll just bring it to an independent cell phone repair store. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Reactions: scottybones
I dropped mine as well....not far, maybe 7 inches and it fell on my coffee table. Since then, it no longer vibrates when i receive a text message or when i plug it in to charge, but EVERY other vibration works GREAT still. Vibrate on call, haptic feedback, etc. works. Just the damn text messages and when plugging it in. ANY help would be appreciated. Also, wtf is minevibrate?

Upvote 0
I had this problem as of a few days ago as well... vibrates for everything (although weaker) except texts. It too occurred after a 24" drop (It's in a body glove case, too).

Although I have an added issue where the speaker on the back doesn't work either! So no ringtones/alarms for me either.

Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0
Doh!

Now I'm not sure if the drop was the culprit of the vibration error.

Open text App>hit 'menu' button> 'Settings'>Under 'Notification Settings' check the 'Vibrate' box.

Now I just have the speaker to deal with...

Hope that fixes the text vibration issue at least.

Upvote 0
If you can get it to vibrate sometimes, or with specific uses and not others, it's probably a software issue.

If it just never vibrates then probably a hardware one.

I think the vibrate mechanisms are fairly strong in phones nowadays and they should be really had to break, so it looks like your issues are software ones (try apps or searching on Google how to fix vibrations).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones