33.3%
  3. I am an idiot, so I disagree with you :(

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Uzza

Uzza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of the iPhone Fan Boys who are coming here and talking down the Captivate, and talking up their limited technology.

It's time to work some ole' fanboy magic on these kiddies. I say that anytime anyone attacks the Captivate in favor for the iPhone we all troll them into oblivion. There are many ways to do this. But the first system we need to develop is a Rick Roll type of a situation. As founder and leader of the CFBA I am excited to announce that we have found our own iPhone Rick Roll version and will be releasing that now.

YouTube - The Rejected iPhone Commercial - HD

Simply post that on any thread in which you can sense/smell/perceive apple fan-boyism.

For the Apple Fan Boys who are here. The idiot voice on that video is how I have come to know you. It's my general belief that people who love iPhones love them, because they are simple minded. There are those who weld an iPhone who do not share this love, they are aware of it's limitations..and seemingly for some valid reason they keep their truly restricted device. I want to urge all Apple Fanboys to leave these forums. We are done with you. You will not be greeted here with respect any longer. Soon we will force you to wear an identification mark to show what you are. You will soon lose the ability to do certain things, and you will no longer be eligible for moderator status. In other words, we are coming for you.

Advertisement
  2. jas2k9

jas2k9 Well-Known Member

I think you are being childish. I think each is a decent phone, and I think most who left the Captivate (myself included) did so because we did not want to take the risk that things would not fixed quickly enough. I for one went with a iphone, because 1. I had never had one before; 2. because for me, it just works; and 3. because there were no other android devices offered by ATT that I found appealing.

Don't flatter either yourself or the Captivate, yes it harder to set up well versus the iphone, yes it is more customizible (for whatever that is worth), but no, it's not that hard, and most who use android find it works perfectly well for them in a matter of hours.

Have a great day, enjoy your phone, once all the bugs/glitches are resolved it's a great phone, heck, it's a nearly phone now. And I had a lot of regrets when I took mine back.

3. thetrent

thetrent Member

Pointless thread is pointless.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

How about let's not.... IMO, by doing this you are showing that you are no better than anyone else "bashing" products.

Feel free to reread the Forum Rules, specifically the part the discusses general conduct that says to treat others with respect. :)

ALL are welcome to the forums regardless of which phones they have or don't have. If you don't like certain users, add them to your ignore list.

Infinite-t likes this.
  5. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

I would have to agree, this is rediculous.. I think he might be trying to be a smart ass, since, according to himself he is one of those who returned his Captivate for an iPhone 4.

And post questions like this one:
    So, I dont know who this guy is, what he is trying to do/prove, but the only thing he as proved to me is... well I think you can all guess.

My whole .02 on this whole captivate/iphone thing is:

Its just a damn phone!! Buy whatever one you like and works best for you. If you dont like it, or it doesnt work, take it back and get a different one. Its about freedom of choice. Buy what you want/need. Besides, it is the difference in these choices that gives us veriety and pushes developers to continue to develop things better and more effiecient to top the other guy. Maybe, just maybe, Apple will see that people are starting to turn away because they like the openess, the swapable memory, and battery, and maybe develop something to cater to those people. Then competetors will be pushed to do something to top it. Competition drives things to get better. Who do you like, who will you go with, what does what you want it to do? It's your choice, it has nothing to do with ones IQ, status or ePeen size...

Open discussion about the differences, the pro's the cons and such is all well and good, but childish squabbling and name calling, 'mine is better than yours, mines bigger than yours, bla bla bla'.. STFU its a phone.

If you want to discuss things, then descuss them like inteligent grown up human beings, if you wanna name call or have pissing matches and "sword fights" I think the Nickelodian website has some forums you should check out. If you wanna sniff around and pee over the top of someone elses puddle, I hear there is a good park down the road..

6. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

And thanks Kelmar, I dont have the "thank option" for you.
    ..LOL.. there it is.. didnt load for some reason last time.

7. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

How about we don't call ourselves fanboys...That's an insulting name, just the word fanboy, and I don't think we're trying to make fun of ourselves here...or are we =0?

But yeah, Android is like Linux on PC's. Just be happy with your open software that's pretty good and don't bash on the other systems. I mean, yeah, Apple fanbois can be a bit bitchy at times, but it doesn't mean we return the favor and imitate them. Let's just enjoy our phones and not give a damn about the iPhone. The only things anyone ever gives a damn about is stuff better than them, and I think only Apple should give a damn since Androids gonna pull a Microsoft on Apple.

8. Uzza

Uzza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All of those quotes that you quoted, just like this post IS MY attempt to make fun of all of you.

I never took back my phone, I just wanted to mock the guy who did. Most of my posts are just reflecting what I see here.

I fear my dry sense of humor doesn't travel through text as it does in person.

9. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Other than the antennae problem which doesn't affect most members of the iPhone 4, I'd like you to call out one more flaw with the phone. I mean, they made a phone, it works, and there's nothing wrong with it. Yeah, you can't customize it all you want, but you can via jailbreak, which today is legal and easy as visiting a website and clicking the Jailbreak button. I'm really strong anti-Apple and anti-Macs and all that, but as a devoted fan of Microsoft and Google, I'll tell you the iPhone works, it's efficient, it's not overpriced, it's revolutionary, and they really hit it off with this phone. Oh, millions of others have it, so you don't feel too lonely. I'll debate against any of Apple's other products, e.g., iPod and their computers and iPad and iTv and everywhere else they failed, but their iPhone is one to respect. I doubt Android would have even come out if it wasn't for Apple's iPhone.

10. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

I object!!!

What about us fangirls?!?

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.