• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate faster than n1?

The upcoming Samsung fix for the Captivate running Android 2.1 will be providing some significant speed improvements (among other things), and the Android 2.2 update will just improve speed even further.

It's possible that both the fixes and the 2.2 upgrades will be rolled into one, but that is only surmised based on timing. There's been no official word one way or another.

Upvote 0
The upcoming Samsung fix for the Captivate running Android 2.1 will be providing some significant speed improvements (among other things), and the Android 2.2 update will just improve speed even further.

It's possible that both the fixes and the 2.2 upgrades will be rolled into one, but that is only surmised based on timing. There's been no official word one way or another.

Curious but what are you basing this on? The only fix I'm aware of is relevant to GPS only. Yes 2.2 will make a significant difference but I haven't heard a word about speed increases from the next update.

Upvote 0

it's funny how people are so excited about something that's not even out yet. How do you know the "upcoming" fix will provide "significant" speed improvements? I don't believe any of those claims until I try it myself.

Upvote 0
it's funny how people are so excited about something that's not even out yet. How do you know the "upcoming" fix will provide "significant" speed improvements? I don't believe any of those claims until I try it myself.

He's referring to the leaked beta firmwares that have demonstrated noticeable speed improvements, which people have already tried. They are an indication that the final releases of those firmwares will bring the same or similar improvements.

On the contrary, I think (excessive) skepticism is too prevelant on these forums. Reserving judgment means just that -- reserving judgment, and neither expecting the best nor expecting the worst. Just as there's no reason to automatically believe whatever Samsung says, there's no reason to automatically dismiss it either.

Upvote 0
On the contrary, I think (excessive) skepticism is too prevelant on these forums. Reserving judgment means just that -- reserving judgment, and neither expecting the best nor expecting the worst. Just as there's no reason to automatically believe whatever Samsung says, there's no reason to automatically dismiss it either.

Good point.

I am not being personal to Samsung. I am not dismissing anything. I just don't want to be optimistic about anything that I have never tried.

For example, 2.2 is said tohave "significant" speed improvement. But I have tried Droid 2. It felt fine, still laggy and sluggish here and there. Not the kind of "huge" improvement I had expected. Therefore, I won't be too optimistic about 2.2 on Captivate either. It might be huge improvement. But I won't know until I try it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones