Captivate for $350

Last Updated:

1. jackson5

jackson5 Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a call from my friend at ATT and he told me the Captivate is now selling for $350. Check with your local retailer and get your refund!

Advertisement
  2. Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto Active Member

If this is true, then HELL YEAH! I paid the no commitment price for the phone.

3. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

Lol

4. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

Oh crap! I will be calling them today! I paid full retail as well!

5. MrTony

MrTony Banned

I have to call complete BS on this. I'm an AT&T Premier Business customer and get discounts before regular customers and I just checked my price on it and it's still $499.

6. kidsavior

kidsavior Well-Known Member

I'm willing to give the OP the benifit of the doubt, but I seriously doubt AT&T is going to drop the price $150 barely a week after its debut.

Would be nice though...

7. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

BS. Please show proof.

8. jackson5

OK. I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up if your local store still has the $499 price. I do think is is worth everyone checking their local stores as I double-checked with another associate at the store my friend works at and he said $349 Retail. I'm in Northern Cali. It is an ATT corporate store.

9. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

The store where I made my purchase still has it for 499

10. biocalves

biocalves Member

I've been scouring the socal region trying to find a store that sells for $350. If anyone knows a place please let me know.

11. jgcalderonperez

jgcalderonperez Active Member

I got mine with an early upgrade fee for $293 = $199 + $75 (early upgrade) + $18 (upgrade fee)

:)

12. kidsavior

kidsavior Well-Known Member

Where in Northern California? I'm up around Chico/ Redding area. What AT&T store?

13. jackson5

Elk Grove, Near Sacramento. I'm thinking stores that had overstock are letting them go cheaper. What wierd and frustrating pricing on this phone!!

14. biocalves

biocalves Member

Called every AT&T store within a 30 mile radius today and not one store had it for $350. Guess its not meant to be.

15. shilo

shilo Member

Thanks for the tip, jackson5.

I live near Elk Grove, so I went to the store. Sure enough, $350 no commitment.

Just joined the forum to say thanks.

16. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

I got mine for waaaaaay under the sticker and contract price. I'm off-contract so I'm not complaining... But if you need some proof of what the OP said, here you go.

Attached Files:

• 350.jpg
      350.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
  17. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I meant a receipt from an actual purchase. I know that there are probably a few stores that still sell them for $350 no contract but that is extremely rare. It was a price mistake by ATT and all stores by now should have been informed that the current price is $499.99. I'm not saying its not possible to get it for $350 no contract but don't tell people that is what it is selling for. It is very unlikely that someone will get it for that at this time. If you do then play the lottery because you are very lucky.:)

18. mrspeedmaster

My buddy just bought one 3 days ago. I can't post my receipt but here is his.

Attached Files:

19. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

He is one lucky dude.

20. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Guys and Gals, this baby is going for $49.99, Plus Free Activation, Free Shipping, Free Bluetooth Head Set (used a coupon from the internet) at WireFly.com. Of course it is a New 2 year Contract for that price. If you do a Renew/Upgrade it will cost you $99.99! If you are simply adding more lines, it than goes for $149.99, which is still a great deal! You simply cannot beat the price nor the service at WireFly.com! I just ordered mine yesterday and got it today via FedEx! I got the FREE S&H and since it was ground, I figured next week, but nope, got it this afternoon! Was definately surprised and a HAPPY Camper!

I am getting everything charged up this evening and than tomorrow, the fun begins! Only a tad excited!!!! Coming from the Blackberry Curve 8330, this is leaps and bounds above that, but it did do the job and served me well on the BoostMobile.com network!

Good Luck!

Gunny :)

21. mrspeedmaster

Dude theere is a BIG difference between off-contract and contract price.

22. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I agree, but why would someone buy a new phone not even one month old via the off contract price? The only way I can envision is if you plan on using the no contract pricing plan, or the "Go Phone". I know I purchased the iPhone off contract back in 2007, when it dropped down fron $699.99 to $399.99, like 4 months after launch. I used it on the Go Phone plan, since I was bouncing around and did not want a contract at that time.. Sorry for the confusion, call it excitement, LOL!

PS: The reason I was so excited about the rpice, was due to the price for the same deal, 2 year contract at other stores. Examples, BestBuy $229.99, AT&T stores $199.99, many internet stores, $199.99. So when WireFly had it for $49.99, I was jumping with joy! Yeah, a tad excited, lol!

23. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

ill be pissed as i just paid $500 for mine, (not at at&t retail)

24. Ph8

Ph8 Well-Known Member

Err well Walmart\Lets Talk has the same $99 for renew\upgrade pricing. There is also a $25 coupon with them as well. I got the Captivate and a car charger for $83.xx shipped from lets talk. et be honest though the BEST deal was when the phone was free for those upgrading in the first few days of availability.

BTW if you sign a new contract your also excluded from grandfatering in your unlimited data plan, with this type of phone I think youll want as much head room as possible..

As far as those getting the phone off contract there are a ton of reasons. One is that theyll be saving money int he long run, becasue they are on a special priced plan that if they used an upgrade they'd loose it. Theres also the freedom of being able to use the upgrade for another phone. Also there are people here (like me) who get corporate discounts which make the phone $372 or less.

25. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member

I got mine for $130 with an upgrade. But this really has nothing to do with the point of the thread. Its retail price for it, not commitment price. lol