• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate for $350

OK. I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up if your local store still has the $499 price. I do think is is worth everyone checking their local stores as I double-checked with another associate at the store my friend works at and he said $349 Retail. I'm in Northern Cali. It is an ATT corporate store.

Upvote 0
OK. I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up if your local store still has the $499 price. I do think is is worth everyone checking their local stores as I double-checked with another associate at the store my friend works at and he said $349 Retail. I'm in Northern Cali. It is an ATT corporate store.

Where in Northern California? I'm up around Chico/ Redding area. What AT&T store?

Upvote 0
BS. Please show proof.

I got mine for waaaaaay under the sticker and contract price. I'm off-contract so I'm not complaining... But if you need some proof of what the OP said, here you go.

Attachments

• 350.jpg
    350.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0
I got mine for waaaaaay under the sticker and contract price. I'm off-contract so I'm not complaining... But if you need some proof of what the OP said, here you go.

Thanks, but I meant a receipt from an actual purchase. I know that there are probably a few stores that still sell them for $350 no contract but that is extremely rare. It was a price mistake by ATT and all stores by now should have been informed that the current price is $499.99. I'm not saying its not possible to get it for $350 no contract but don't tell people that is what it is selling for. It is very unlikely that someone will get it for that at this time. If you do then play the lottery because you are very lucky.:)

Upvote 0
Guys and Gals, this baby is going for $49.99, Plus Free Activation, Free Shipping, Free Bluetooth Head Set (used a coupon from the internet) at WireFly.com. Of course it is a New 2 year Contract for that price. If you do a Renew/Upgrade it will cost you $99.99! If you are simply adding more lines, it than goes for $149.99, which is still a great deal! You simply cannot beat the price nor the service at WireFly.com! I just ordered mine yesterday and got it today via FedEx! I got the FREE S&H and since it was ground, I figured next week, but nope, got it this afternoon! Was definately surprised and a HAPPY Camper!

I am getting everything charged up this evening and than tomorrow, the fun begins! Only a tad excited!!!! Coming from the Blackberry Curve 8330, this is leaps and bounds above that, but it did do the job and served me well on the BoostMobile.com network!

Good Luck!

Gunny :)

Upvote 0
Dude theere is a BIG difference between off-contract and contract price.

I agree, but why would someone buy a new phone not even one month old via the off contract price? The only way I can envision is if you plan on using the no contract pricing plan, or the "Go Phone". I know I purchased the iPhone off contract back in 2007, when it dropped down fron $699.99 to $399.99, like 4 months after launch. I used it on the Go Phone plan, since I was bouncing around and did not want a contract at that time.. Sorry for the confusion, call it excitement, LOL!

PS: The reason I was so excited about the rpice, was due to the price for the same deal, 2 year contract at other stores. Examples, BestBuy $229.99, AT&T stores $199.99, many internet stores, $199.99. So when WireFly had it for $49.99, I was jumping with joy! Yeah, a tad excited, lol!

Upvote 0
I agree, but why would someone buy a new phone not even one month old via the off contract price? The only way I can envision is if you plan on using the no contract pricing plan, or the "Go Phone". I know I purchased the iPhone off contract back in 2007, when it dropped down fron $699.99 to $399.99, like 4 months after launch. I used it on the Go Phone plan, since I was bouncing around and did not want a contract at that time.. Sorry for the confusion, call it excitement, LOL!

PS: The reason I was so excited about the rpice, was due to the price for the same deal, 2 year contract at other stores. Examples, BestBuy $229.99, AT&T stores $199.99, many internet stores, $199.99. So when WireFly had it for $49.99, I was jumping with joy! Yeah, a tad excited, lol!

Err well Walmart\Lets Talk has the same $99 for renew\upgrade pricing. There is also a $25 coupon with them as well. I got the Captivate and a car charger for $83.xx shipped from lets talk. et be honest though the BEST deal was when the phone was free for those upgrading in the first few days of availability.

BTW if you sign a new contract your also excluded from grandfatering in your unlimited data plan, with this type of phone I think youll want as much head room as possible..

As far as those getting the phone off contract there are a ton of reasons. One is that theyll be saving money int he long run, becasue they are on a special priced plan that if they used an upgrade they'd loose it. Theres also the freedom of being able to use the upgrade for another phone. Also there are people here (like me) who get corporate discounts which make the phone $372 or less.

Upvote 0
Guys and Gals, this baby is going for $49.99, Plus Free Activation, Free Shipping, Free Bluetooth Head Set (used a coupon from the internet) at WireFly.com. Of course it is a New 2 year Contract for that price. If you do a Renew/Upgrade it will cost you $99.99! If you are simply adding more lines, it than goes for $149.99, which is still a great deal! You simply cannot beat the price nor the service at WireFly.com! I just ordered mine yesterday and got it today via FedEx! I got the FREE S&H and since it was ground, I figured next week, but nope, got it this afternoon! Was definately surprised and a HAPPY Camper!

I am getting everything charged up this evening and than tomorrow, the fun begins! Only a tad excited!!!! Coming from the Blackberry Curve 8330, this is leaps and bounds above that, but it did do the job and served me well on the BoostMobile.com network!

Good Luck!

Gunny :)

I got mine for $130 with an upgrade. But this really has nothing to do with the point of the thread. Its retail price for it, not commitment price. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones