• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate Free at WalMart

my only question is, i am nervous about switching, so what is letstalk like compared to ATT with sending the phone back if i don't like it within the first 30 days and want my upgrade option back?? I don't want to save myself 200 bucks, find something i don't like, and have to be stuck with it and not be able to send it back. From my understanding, with ATT if you dont like it, you have 30 days to "try it" and switch if you'd like. Basically, is there any fine print behind saving myself 200 bucks??

Well, what they told me was less than 1 hr talk time on the device and 30 days
There is fine print copy-pasted a little above... that spells it out as 30 minutes

I would call to return it before 30 minutes and before 14 days (obviously you can't even go 1 day without using 30 minutes, really!)

So it's a bit more rigid than the AT&T people would be - but I mean c'mon, are they gonna hold you to that? And check? LOL

Upvote 0
we can argue that they must sell the ones who ordered it for 229 to get it right? It would be illegal to deny an order for it I think.
You "can argue" all you want but there is no such requirement ... there is a legal disclaimer posted somewhere on every website that says they are not responsible for errors. If that were true I'd have had a $3000 Bravia HD-TV from Dell for $30.00 among other things over the years.

Upvote 0
This thing cost me half my day lol. I went around to two walmarts, att and best buy. First I went to ATT and canceled my sub-30 day contract because they wouldn't price match. Then after several hours of trying and riding all around I discover it's not Walmart, its a partner, and this thread leaves me with a bad taste so I decided to go the "legit" route and turns out my refund from ATT wasn't immediate like the guy said it was, so I had to come up with the cash to go buy one. And now I may have a bad unit =(

Upvote 0
Well, my order still hasn't been canceled, so we shall see. I called not long after my order because I put the wrong address down, and spoke with a cool guy that fixed the shipping. Status still says "requires attention" so we shall see. I really hope I catch this break. If not, I may have to try my luck at Best Buy when I get back into town, but by then, I feel like they will know better

Upvote 0
So after having my order cancelled when trying to buy it off contract I placed and order for upgrade. Since I want to get grandfathered into my old existing unlimited data plan it was going to cost be $50. I placed the order and got the confirmation email then when I checked the status of my order it said "Cancellation Requested" and proceeded to say my order has been cancelled.
I didn't ask for them to cancel my order.
I was thinking about just trying to order again but noticed its no longer listed as $99 with an upgrade rather then free. I really don't think LetsTalk has any clue what's going on right now, anyone who gets anything from them is going to be lucky. I'm going to try and call tomorrow but it seems like I'll just have to go to AT&T or Best Buy and pay the $200+.

Upvote 0
I went to Store 100 (directly across from the home office in Bentonville) to see what they had. I was told the in-store price was $148.88 w/contract. They apparently had them in stock, but had not got around to putting them on display yet.

Of the 3 associates in the store trying to sell different phones, they all seemed to be Android "happy" and I never once heard the word "Iphone" while I was there. They seemed to be pushing a Droid X more than anything.

Upvote 0
Those that placed an order and it got canceled, can you state what time you placed the order? Seems like those that placed it early in the morning have yet to get it canceled, but those that were later in the day have.

I placed my order around 10am (Central). No other e-mail received from LetsTalk other than the original 'Order Confirmation' message. My order status page still shows 'Customer Attention Needed'.

Upvote 0
Those that placed an order and it got canceled, can you state what time you placed the order? Seems like those that placed it early in the morning have yet to get it canceled, but those that were later in the day have.

Placed my order this morning at 8AM PST and still have not received a cancellation. It was for a contract renewal though, not off contract price. Still in "Customer Action Required," been about 10 hours so far.

Upvote 0
I just looked at LetsTalk website and they show the no contract price $229.99 for my zip code in Arkansas. It is now 9:08 pm CDST July 18. This is one of the craziest launch's I have ever seen.
Availability: In Stock</B>
See Shipping Options
corner_home1.gif
corner_home2.gif
Buy Phone OnlyProduct Price $299.99 $229.99ShippingFREEPrice Today:$229.99
Payments as low as $10/mo.
Select Bill Me Later

Upvote 0
I just looked at LetsTalk website and they show the no contract price $229.99 for my zip code in Arkansas. It is now 9:08 pm CDST July 18. This is one of the craziest launch I have ever seen.
Availability: In Stock</B>
See Shipping Options
corner_home1.gif
corner_home2.gif
Buy Phone OnlyProduct Price $299.99 $229.99ShippingFREEPrice Today:$229.99
Payments as low as $10/mo.
Select Bill Me Later

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones