• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate Free at WalMart

I just looked at LetsTalk website and they show the no contract price $229.99 for my zip code in Arkansas. It is now 9:08 pm CDST July 18. This is one of the craziest launch's I have ever seen.
Availability: In Stock</B>
See Shipping Options
corner_home1.gif
corner_home2.gif
Buy Phone OnlyProduct Price $299.99 $229.99ShippingFREEPrice Today:$229.99
Payments as low as $10/mo.
Select Bill Me Later

Upvote 0
I was able to place an order on Walmart.com. I opted to keep my unlimited data (duh) and it bumped the price to $49.99. Overall, my monthly bill should go down a lot since i currently have a BB and need to subscribe to the BES for exchange access.

We'll see if it gets canceled or not....I'm don't get back to the states till Wednesday night so hopefully i have a nice surprise waiting for me! They can't call to tell me its canceled since I'm not using ATT abroad.

If i'm able to score this of $50 bucks i'll be stoked!

Upvote 0
Anybody tried to upgrade an extra line on an existing account with Let's Talk yet? The website isn't real clear to me, but it looks like the price goes back up to $199 if you aren't upgrading a primary line (in which case - BULLOCKS!). Company isn't open yet, so no CS. Ug.

EDIT: Yeah, looks like this is the way it works. Sigh - I was SOOO excited to get my new phone way earlier than I thought I'd be able to.

Upvote 0
My order is still in place so I too will be calling in less than an hour. Fingers crossed!

I called in yesterday and confirmed my address and phone number, but it still says attention needed. I'm debating calling in this morning. I may just call and see what happens. Worse they can do is cancel it, but the best they can do is approve it, and let it go through. May bump it up to overnight shipping just to help it along

Upvote 0
I called in yesterday and confirmed my address and phone number, but it still says attention needed. I'm debating calling in this morning. I may just call and see what happens. Worse they can do is cancel it, but the best they can do is approve it, and let it go through. May bump it up to overnight shipping just to help it along

You need to call Letscall for more verification (closed yesterday) and it has something to do with ATT according to the Walmart rep I spoke with yesterday. He said he could see the notes posted on his screen and even gave me the phone number to contact ATT.

Upvote 0
You need to call Letscall for more verification (closed yesterday) and it has something to do with ATT according to the Walmart rep I spoke with yesterday. He said he could see the notes posted on his screen and even gave me the phone number to contact ATT.

What number is that? Maybe I'll call and get AT&T to approve it. They probably wont know what I paid for it.

Upvote 0
Lets call offices just opened between my third and fourth attempt to call, I am on hold as I type. I wonder why? :)

Got a live person. She took my information and said she will transfer me to the department to take more information regarding customer attention needed. She did not say anything about cancelling order or ridiculous no contract price. So hold No. 2.

Man this time the hold is long, with periods of silence, and with attempts to make me leave my information and get me off the line. My time is not that important. Give me the four questions.

Upvote 0
On Hold....... Will update shortly. I am doing the contract extension but not losing my unlimited plan. So Lets see if they honor the 50 Dollar price.

OK so my wife put the order in. The account is under her name. So that changed it to her name and are putting it thru the at&t system again and they'll send me an e-mail if there are any issues.

Upvote 0
I called at 5:59 and was able to get through. The guy had me verify my address, name and home phone then asked me a series of four questions about where I have lived, my bday, etc. Kinda weird but apparently I passed and my order has gone through.

That's a credit check verification. I used to do those. Did you order with a plan or the free no contract?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones