Captivate GlitchesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Emcnelly

Emcnelly Member This Topic's Starter

Just to help people out i found a glitch where if you create a 7 digit contact then later try to update it to a 10 digit contact you will be unable to send text messages to the contact. At first it will appear to be the ten digit contact and allow you to send them a single message then if you leave the messaging program it will revert to the 7 digit contact and not allow you to reply/you'll get a error reply message. If you view the contact it will appear as the updated 10 digit contact i have tried everything to fix this and have been unsuccessful the only way Ive read is a factory reset which I'm trying to avoid and find a simple fix. How this occurs I'm guessing the phone stores the 7 digit number and never writes over it or something along those lines:confused:. I'm pretty new to this stuff and need some experts for help would be very appreciated :D

Any opinions on using a file manager to find the contacts information and deleting it I'm unsure on how to locate it. :confused:

Right now I'm hoping for a fix in the Froyo update but I'm not counting on that

Please post any other tips with glitches and how to avoid them here thanks!

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You can wipe your contacts by going to settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> [menu button] -> filter -> All -> Contacts -> Clear Data.

3. Emcnelly

Emcnelly Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks but that didn't work :( it just deletes some other data stored in the phone not the contacts themselves or whatever data is causing the issue. Looks like its coming down to a factory reset for such a silly thing, doubt its even a hard fix hoping for a froyo fix still haha guess we'll see.