Captivate GPRS/EDGE/3G connection issue

Last Updated:

1. mnugent1

mnugent1 Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought a captivate from at&t yesterday. my brother bought one last weekend and i thought it was pretty cool. Now both of our phones do not show 3g, edge, or gprs. cannot access anything with data. the only way to access is to enable roaming, but i do not want to do that becasue i am sure at&t will charge out the wazoo. my next step is to just return the phone to them, but i really like the phone. i am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if there is anything i can do about it. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. RavenFox

RavenFox VIP Member VIP Member

Yup had this issue and 3G came back on its own. 3G just dropped in the rush hour home after work and then returned the next morning. At&t couldn't say what it was. The only thing that the tech could come up with was that one of the towers in my area was faulty. Yeah I was like yeah right also but who knows. Ever since then I've been fine. Also did you install anything that might be causing it?

3. mnugent1

mnugent1 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. I am in an area with great AT&T coverage. My old IPhone 3G picks up data services perfectly with the same sim card. I already tried a power cycle, removed the battery, performed a factory reset, etc. Nothing I tried seems to work.