Captivate hard resets itselfSupport

Last Updated:

1. duckser

duckser Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All.
    I have had Samsung Captivate JH 7 twice and before that a JH6. I have had all of them do a self hard reset, wiping out email accts, all apps etc.
    This happened Friday when I was on phone talking, then (after rebuilding and reloading apps) today at at 5 am while connected to charger and not in use.
    Had the current one 10 days, thought it was OK, but no.
    I had ATK and Task Manager on in past, but was suspicious on Tak killers so left off this last time. Have used Lookout each time, though.
    Had a couple hundred apps loaded, but only opened a dozen since re-install.
    I've read about shutdowns, but this is a wipeout issue.

Any idea what is happening? I actually had ATT store manager go to diferent store last time to see if a different lot might be helpful.
    Love the phone, prefer it to Iphone but need any help you can give.
    Thank You.

Advertisement
  2. zippers

zippers New Member

The same thing happened to me today. I was loggin in and it just shut off and reset...deleted all contacts and such but still says some apps are installed. But I cant open them. Did you ever figure out what might be going on? I will let you know what I find out.

3. duckser

I swapped phone for a new one from ATT 5 days ago for another JH7, no problem since, but still wary, as it had happened on multiple Captivates prior to that.
    I no longer use VirusScan, Lookout Mobile Security or any Task Killers.

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I use Lookout, but don't have the backup option set. I only have it for the virus scan and locate functions.

I have read that the backup function caused probs for some people, so that's why I skipped setting up that part of it.

5. duckser

Thanks, BookLover.
    In fact I had used the backup option previously....maybe that contributed to the problem.