Captivate Headache

Last Updated:

1. codyrapol

codyrapol Member This Topic's Starter

After I root my captivate I can't put anything else on the internal SD card because it won't show up on my computer(When I plug in the phone, it says usb connected, but nothing comes up in "My Computer" that it is connected) But if I do a factory reset, it will show up, but then it is not rooted...

Advertisement
  2. Dieabolical

Dieabolical Member

Make sure you do this, and have the usb cable not connected to the phone

Settings>Applications>USB Settings=Mass Storage
    Then
    Settings>Applications>Development=USB debugging (I have debegging enabled because I tinker with the phone alot)

Then connect the USB cable to you phone

jamina1, reinbeau and codyrapol like this.
  3. Grut

Grut Well-Known Member

Also.... When you connect the phone to the computer "in mass storage mode", make sure you "mount" the phones internal sd card. To do this: 1. Connect your phone to the computer in "mass storage mode". 2. drop down your status bar on the phone, you will see "usb connected", tap that. 3. after tapping "usb connected", a pop up box will appear on your phone to "mount" the sd card, choose the "mount" option.

After following these steps you will be able to see the sd card on your computer. Hope this info helps...

4. codyrapol

codyrapol Member This Topic's Starter

Worked, thanks

5. Grut

Grut Well-Known Member

what worked....? Mounting?

6. gamergrl29

gamergrl29 New Member

So i'm trying to be able to play snes roms on my samsung captivate. i installed the snesoid app as well as the androzip installed. then i went to and tried to download a mario world rom and it says download unsuccessful and it wont let me download the roms onto my phone =( can someone help me fix this?

7. tazman171

tazman171 Active Member

Are you rooted? Do you have non market apps enabled? Don't put the on the internal 2G root drive, it won't let you unless you are rooted with super user access and full read write permissions, safer to put it on the 16G card anyway, but you still need to be rooted and non-market apps enabled (at&t blocks installing these).

Edit: Re-read your post, download to your computer, then tranfer the file to your phone and see what that does.

8. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Just a friendly reminder that we can't allow URL's to websites that provide illegal ROM's(games) NES/SNES or any other gaming platform.

9. lynch03

lynch03 New Member

Do roms have to go onto a seperate micro sd card or can they on the one built into the phone?

10. lynch03

lynch03 New Member

NM I got it to work but the sound in 7th saga crackles a bit. Anyway to fix that? Using snesoid full version.