Captivate Home Button Backlight

Last Updated:

1. beautifultranslation

beautifultranslation New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey All,

New user here. These forums are very helpful! I just got my Captivate and love it so far!

One gripe I have that I have been unable to fix (I looked through the forums a bit) is about the 4 touch-sensitive home buttons at the bottom. The backlight fades out after only a few seconds. Is it possible to edit the amount of time the backlight stays on for?

Thanks for all your help!

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

No that I know of, but I would be very happy if someone found out a way to change the backlight time out. Im used to it now tho.

3. xnoctis93

xnoctis93 Well-Known Member

same here. that would be really great if someone could figure out a way to edit the backlight timeout to last longer

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

..or an app showing up in Market which addresses this (same issue with the Fascinate).

5. pkoutoul

pkoutoul Well-Known Member

+1. After two weeks, I pretty much know where the buttons are now but at first this was maddenening. In a dim environment, it is impossible to see them at all.

6. xnoctis93

xnoctis93 Well-Known Member

I wonder if there would be a way to edit whatever triggers the phone to time out after x amount of settings.
    hm... maybe we should re-ask this on xda :p

7. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

I agree this is a bothersome issue. However that said, there is no perfect phone. I've found there is far less annoyances on my Captivate, than my other smartphones.

This model continues to become more enjoyable as little by little I find additional ways to optimize Eclair 2.1. I'm sure Froyo will be nice, yet I've got Eclair working so well, I'm skipping Froyo.

Android had become my favorite by a wide margin over all other mobile platforms.