Captivate is sluggish, how to speed up?Support

Last Updated:

1. masterz13

masterz13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got the Captivate a week ago. It seems like a lot of apps take forever to load (Facebook, Yahoo Mail, Craigslist, etc). Someone said something about disabling syncing features on apps, but I'm not sure where that is. Also, how can I uninstall the AT&T apps?

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

konniep likes this.
  3. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

If you have a Task Killer, uninstall it and reboot.

TKs sometimes cause intermittent, inexplicable probs, such as lag or notifications not sounding or email/sms/mms not sending, etc.

BTW, The AT&T bloatware only affects reboot time. After reboot, they're usually just taking up memory, but not using CPU cycles. So don't worry about them "in the background". Read the article in my signature for more details.

4. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

Keeping un-needed apps closed is going to help with this. Animations being on task killers will slow you down some. Having GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth and background sync on play a factor as well. Do some reading in here. There's a lot of info.

5. Timberline

Timberline Well-Known Member

Beyond the ATT bloatware, can I uninstall core apps that I don't use such as Facebook and thus free up memory and storage?

6. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

Facebook is not bloatware or core app. Uninstall it, delete it....no one will stop you. But i am sure it doesnt take much battery or memory if closed properly

7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

1) Don't uninstall the stock apps. Bad Things can result. They are intertwined in the system in ways you won't expect. Use the "freeze" method in Titanium Backup, that way you can undo it if something breaks.

2) Removing a stock app doesn't free up storage. You can't use it for something else.

Uninstalling stock apps - CapFAQ