• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate just turns off

Quatris

Lurker
Jan 26, 2011
So since I updated to froyo my phone seems to randomly shut itself off. Called Rogers they sent me a new phone. Updated the new one with froyo and the same thing is happening. The weird thing is it seems to do this most frequently right after I have charged the phone. Anybody have the same problem and a solution?

It seems to be a common problem overall... A bad problem with certain batches, and a mild problem with the rest...

Mine will do it occasionally right after a full charge AND when the phone gets really cold. (walking the kids to school) It's not enough to worry about, and I do think this is just another one of their many little bugs...

Theres a 97 page thread on XDA about the issue Captivate random shuts down - xda-developers

Upvote 0
mine shuts off too - the other day while outside (temp was not too cold, about 6C), while inside on a desk, while snug in my chequebook, while on my nightstand (would've missed my morning alarm).

My IMEI numbers are not in the range that AT&T/Samsung seem to think the problem lies.

Just phoned Rogers now to log the problem, and the rep said that since I'm just within 30 days (honestly I wasn't keeping track), they're sending me another phone. So we'll see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones