Captivate not turning on?Support

Last Updated:

1. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Basically, something happened, my phone's battery died, and as usual, I just switched in a new battery, turned it on, it went to the splash screen, the glowing S.....and then turned off. I tried to charge the phone, that didn't work. I thought the battery might just be dead, so I charged it over night, but nope. After I put a battery in, it does it's usual swoooshhh noise, turns on, S glows, then turns off. Then it won't turn on again until I take out the battery, put it back in, after which I turn on and the same thing again. Just for more information, the screen sticks on the glowing S for a reallllyyy long time, and it doesn't go through the "Turning off" animation anymore either. What's weird is I didn't even do anything at all with it this past week, other than play Angry Birds, call/text some people, and use the alarm on it. No idea what went wrong at all...=(

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

if youre rooted or have done any other kinds of mods i hear they sometimes corrupt awhile after they have been installed. hold down both volume buttons, press and let go of the power button while still holding the volume buttons. it should put you in recovery mode and you can try clearing the cache or something first but you may end up having to do a factory reset if you never made a nandroid backup

3. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

****, ****, I had a lottt of information on there too...Damn me and not putting all my pictures/videos on the computer.

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

happened to me too, but if im not mistaken a regular factory reset may not remove all of your pictures, but im not real sure