Captivate or Aria

Last Updated:

1. joeywheels

joeywheels New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm completely new to Android coming from a Samsung Mythic. Don't like the OS. If the TouchWhiz (sidebar feature) is the only feature from Samsung's OS then I would like to get opinions on which AT&T Android phone is better the Captivate or Aria. All I really need is exchange service and a web browser other than the ridiculous default I found in the Mythic. (Since I found it very difficult to add or find any apps that were worthwhile on the Mythic, the only one I used was the Opera browser.)

Advertisement
  2. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

captivate is the much more powerful and premium phone. Aria is still nice, and the HTC mail app supports full exchange policies, the samsung does not (unless you get touchdown exchange app or wait for 2.2)

3. kpenning

kpenning Well-Known Member

TouchWiz 3.0 is rather nice. You can always overlay LauncherPro or ADW Launcher over it if you want.

The Captivate is a million times better than the HTC Aria in terms of specifications. Plus, build quality is as nice, if not nicer than the Aria.

4. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

I spent 3 weeks with the Aria before moving on to the Captivate. I found the Aria to be a fantastic little machine and just because I gave it up doesn't mean I don't miss it. Let me know how you plan on doing with the phone you end up with and I'll let you know which I recommend!

5. mash4077

mash4077 Active Member

both phones are good android phone but the captivate just rocks it

6. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

Aria looks nice, and can be had for the cheap, but if you want only the best hardware, it's Captivate all the way. That screen is oh so gorgeous. I can't wait till everything is AMOLED. Not to mention the fact that the 1GHz Hummingbird is a CPU that kicks the Aria's 600 MHz MSM7227 design around and then laughs at it.

7. joeywheels

joeywheels New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone for the info. Thinking processing speed and viewing size might win out especially if there are apps to help out with any exchange issues until Froyo.