• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate or Streak? Hmm...

Sgroh87

Jul 12, 2010
My contract on AT&T ran out this month, and I was tired of my iPhone, so I decided I should try Android. On the 19th, I went to the friendly neighborhood AT&T store and picked up a Samsung Captivate. My first one was a dud, so I had them replace it with a new one (that has a working GPS that acquires in seconds!). But just yesterday I heard about the Dell Streak. I LIKE big phones (I was originally considering switching to Sprint or Verizon for the Droid X or EVO), and this thing looks pretty damn sexy. I have another couple weeks before my 30 days runs out, and I just wanted to know: should I stick with the Captivate, or go with the Dell? I've never owned a Dell product before, but all of the reviews I've been reading say that the Streak is an awesome piece of hardware.

I mainly use my phone for media consumption: music, video, and gaming, plus Facebook and twitter. I spend about an hour a day actually using the phone as a phone. I play a lot of emulator games: SNESoid and GameBoid mostly.

I really like the Captivate, and I'd be happy keeping it; it's just that I have a massive case of tech envy. I can't afford to always upgrade to the biggest and best, but when I can, I like to make sure that it really is the best option for me.

Well, I've mostly been playing turn-based RPGs, such as Pokemon, Final Fantasy, and Chrono Trigger.

Do you expect them to actually update to Froyo anytime soon? That will solve the multitouch problems, right?

I still have a good three weeks before my trial with the Captivate ends. Hopefully the Streak will be out by then, eh? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones