Captivate or Wait for Nexus-s

Last Updated:

1. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, i have found a few listings of captivates on craigs list for $250. I have seen the articles saying there might be a Nexus-S coming in november and was wondering if i should just buy the captivate and use a stock rom or wait.. suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

well the nexus s is just a rumor and will cost a whole lot more than the captivate so you can wait a few weeks if you want and see if anything else is announced on the nexus s

3. TripsYou

TripsYou Well-Known Member

Yea, there are no hard facts on what the next Nexus will be. I'd go ahead with the Captivate. I love mine and I dought the Nexus will be much better. What else can they improve besides 1ghz to1.5 ghz, which they wont do.

4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Its rumored to be 1.2 ghz

5. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

The stats are slightly better, BUT, it does have a physical keyboard, which is a pro or a con depending on who you are, and you do have to factor in the fact that it has a front-facing camera (which isn't that useful anyway) and a FUNCTIONING GPS system. It's not just a rumor, and even if you think it is, just wait till November 8th, since unlike Samsung, most companies out there release things on the day they say they will release it.

6. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Wait.

7. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

I'd say wait for Nov 8...and then compare the features according to your requiremenets. According to rumored articles, there is not much difference between two phones. But Nexus S will get all the android updates before any other phone, as its made for Google itself.

Or if you are in ATT than wait for new Motorola Phone with NVIDIA dual core processer.

8. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Where did you read that it would have a keyboard? Link?

9. JadeEyedWolf

JadeEyedWolf Well-Known Member

That's a tough choice. However, if whatever is being announced on the 8th is also going to be a dual-core device, then it's a no-brainer. Then again, Samsung better have a flawless device this time, with EVERYTHING working as advertised. And yet again, apparently Motorola is planning on stepping up their game with some really nice display... Oh decisions! No matter what though, it's kinda pointless speculating on devices that haven't even been officially announced or released yet, so we'll all just have to wait an see. Sure am excited about next Monday though!

10. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Samsung's announcing the Continuum on the 8th. Srsly doubt anything other than that. It's basically a Galaxy S w/a 2nd "ticker-like" screen below the main screen. Hence the stock ticker graphics in the invite.

11. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

I am waiting for Nov 8 as well, Hoping to get some good phone for ATT.
    But the fact that now Verizon is getting Iphone. ATT has to step up in getting high end Andriod phones to survive in Smart phone market. Or thanks to aweful customer service and neglect towards all other phones except Iphone....ATT will go down...

12. JadeEyedWolf

JadeEyedWolf Well-Known Member

< sarcasm > Oh yay!! A Galaxy S with the E Trade app already built-in!! Wooo!! </ sarcasm >
    Seriously though, if that's all that's being announced, I shall be sorely disappointed. AND if that's the case, I shall likely be anxiously waiting for that monstrous Motorola to make its way onto AT&T!

13. rubiconjp

rubiconjp Well-Known Member

Well Samsung came out and denied the Nexsus rumor as "simply not true".

14. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

Isn't Samsung making the new Nexus S version , i thought i read that somewhere :confused:

15. rubiconjp

that was the rumor... but they have since denied it flat out...

Link

16. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

17. xnoctis93

xnoctis93 Well-Known Member

I would just go with the captivate. I was thinking of waiting, but I love the screensize and form factor on the cappy :)
    you can wait if you're not sure, but we do know it's probably going to be very similar to the other galaxy s phones spec wise. I find the captivate to be a beautiful phone, so I went with it and haven't looked back!~

18. mash4077

mash4077 Active Member

whatever they announce wont be available for 6 months and will be dumbed down bt att

19. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

i love people saying this, exactly how will it be "dumbed down". and being that the nexus s was not being sold through any companies att would have nothing to do with it but nice try anyway

20. DustinD

DustinD Active Member

people are clueless...

21. MarkPharaoh

MarkPharaoh Member

We don't need better/faster/more powerful processors, we need better batteries. Watch a phone like that die before 3pm on your work day.

We're only five days away, I would wait unless you see a killer BIN price on eBay or something.

22. Chris_Marie

Chris_Marie Well-Known Member

I would wait until the 8th and see what they are going to be announcing. Keep in mind there will always be something else around the corner.

23. rubiconjp

24. Frenzy2223

Frenzy2223 Well-Known Member

25. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah i may be able to switch