Captivate Random Shut Downs!? Possible Cuase?Support

Last Updated:

1. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I am on my 2nd captivate and the first had its own series of issues but in a week i never had it shut it self down(though it did randomly restart). This new one after a couple days shut it self off twice today... i noticed it was not untill i turned on the automatic wifi off in Juicedefender... i turned off the Wifi auto shut off and did not have the issue return(I have not tried turing it back on to reproduce the issue). Now i have no proof this is connected... and could simply be luck... what i am asking is for those with this issue are you using juicedefender(ultimate)? and is your Auto wifi on or off?

Jonathan

Advertisement
  2. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member

3. Mathieas

Update: The juicedefender was not the issue. I can however reproduce the auto off by plugging in the phone allowing it to charge to max, unplug it, put it in standby and walk away, 10-30min later its off... after a restart it appears to stay on... i started removing apps, juicedefender, juiceplotter and i disabled task killer... after two charge to full I have not had it shut off yet... I have reenabled task killer(auto still off) and i am giving it another go... for those haveing these power off issues have you had any luck identifying the issue? Are any of you using juiceplotter and/or advanced task killer?

4. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

I am using Advanced Task Killer but have experienced these issues at all.

5. Mathieas

I too reenabled Advanced Task Killer and have not had the auto shutdown issue return. Have you tried Juiceplotter? Since i unstalled that app i have not been able to recreate my power down issue.. Is anyone using juiceplotter and not have any auto shutdown issues after a full battery charge?

Jonathan

6. mikaru

mikaru Member

I ended up having to return mine for an exchange. Mine was so bad that it turned off every single time it went to sleep. I only had it for a day. The only thing i did to mine was root it and remove some AT&T apps, I didnt have time to install anything besides Titanium before it started acting up.

Mike

7. jcylcruzin

jcylcruzin Member

Mine started to shutdown about a couple of weeks ago. it did this daily for about 5 days. after reading a posting on the at&t site, I now dismiss the "fully charged" dialog box before unplugging the usb cable. so far, so good. it's been a week without any more shutdowns -anyone else try this?

8. vksf01

vksf01 Member

yup, i started dismissing the dialog box a week ago and so far so good, the phone has been staying on all this time

9. brohammer619

brohammer619 Member

does anyone know if people with the T-mobile version are having this issue?

10. richierich

richierich Active Member

I think it's due to faulty apps. If you notice something funky going on with your phone after you've recently installed an app, uninstall that app.

11. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

In general, it's not app-related as multiple posters have written that their shutdowns occurred with stock phones. Certainly if there is a particular app that's flakey it could cause the problem, but all the threads on this topic - in this and other forums - have never tied the shutdowns to a single app culprit. The solution for many has been to exchange the device. Took me three tries 'til I got a phone that's stable.

12. brohammer619

brohammer619 Member

definitely not apps, I just reset my phone to factory default settings, did not download anything, and my phone has shut off twice already today. BS:mad:

13. stephenv1971

stephenv1971 Member

Mine started shutting off shortly after unsuccessfully trying to copy 2 gigs of music to the internal sd card. I don't know if there is a way to fsck the disk but strongly think that there is a link between a bad internal sd card and the shutdowns.