captivate recovery mode

1. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

can someone tell me how to manually enter recovery mode on samsung captivate? thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. jree

jree Well-Known Member

Shut off the phone, hold the up and down volume buttons while pressing the power button. I believe that puts it into recovery mode. Thats what I had to do when I was rooting my phone. Hope that helps
    Prim8 and marefin like this.
  3. omartovar

omartovar New Member

Hey I'm new to this and I want to root my Samsung Captivate in order to get Ice Cream Sandwich on it, but I do not know where to start. Can you please start off by telling me how to root my phone. Any links?
    Thanks!
  4. mikegLA

mikegLA Well-Known Member

First I would like to say that this captivate forum sucks... I have gotten no help what so ever from anybody. Second...if your on 2.1 get the samsung kies upgrade to 2.2 which will make everything a lot easier. You will need to get the phone drivers so your computer will recognize your phone when you plug it in. Then get super one click root. Plug it up, click run root. Real easy. You will then need to back up your profiles and contacts via my backup root...get that from the market. Get rom manager also from the market. Put a rom that you want on your sd then install the rom via rom manager. You also need gapps.(google apps) flash that the same way you did your new rom. I will warn you though that I'm sitting with a bricked captivate because the backup did not restore. Nobody here will help me out. Every body here sucks. You will really need to learn about your phone before doing anything. This captivate is a little tricky.
  5. CamaroZ28c

CamaroZ28c Well-Known Member

could be because many have moved on to a newer phone, not because everybody sucks. :rolleyes:

furthermore, why did you two bring this old thread back to life?? Start a new thread if you have a question. Don't expect help from someone that wrote in this thread over a year and a half ago.