• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
14 android phones is a lot considering that most stores only have a few more than that. Off topic, it says that Blackberry will have 7 phones. How many do you think they really will have?

Who really knows but when you consider they have 6 blackberry's right now that could be an actual number. IOS is listed at 2 which is also an actual number. No idea why they said that the 6 was going to be 2. But when AT&T right now has 2 android handsets saying they will even have 14 by even the end of the year is more than a stretch.

Upvote 0
I noticed on July 6, that the AT&T website now list's the Captivate as a new device on their shop for phone section. When you click on it gives you the coming soon info, but in the past they have not listed a new device until a week to ten day before the official announcement. This would fit the July 12 (Monday)announcement with sale date of July 18(Sunday). It would be nice.

I really don't know anything for sure, but I am for ready some thing to give!

Upvote 0
I noticed on July 6, that the AT&T website now list's the Captivate as a new device on their shop for phone section. When you click on it gives you the coming soon info, but in the past they have not listed a new device until a week to ten day before the official announcement. This would fit the July 12 (Monday)announcement with sale date of July 18(Sunday). It would be nice.

I really don't know anything for sure, but I am for ready some thing to give!

Such a theory would also mesh very well with T-Mobile's sudden, rumored change of the Vibrant release date to the 15th, as an attempt to beat AT&T.

*#$%, now I've gotten my hopes up!

Upvote 0
Ahh... I see it now. Hmmm....

Source on that one. Interesting... I'll be sure to post the response to this week's query on the AT&T FB page here.

My hopes have been suddenly dashed as it is also being pointed out that July 15th is the release of the Droid X, so I'd image that T-Mobile is trying to compete with that and not AT&T. But we shall persevere!

Upvote 0
Maybe Samsung and AT&T would launch the Captivate on the 15th of July also to help spoil the Droid X party. I don't really believe this but I am going to have to have a new phone very, very soon my old cingular 3125 clam shell hinge has more than 3/8 inch lateral play. I am way past due an upgrade. Oh well a fantasy a day keeps reality away.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
If Samsung has the capacity to produce and deliver the "Galaxy S" models to the carriers now is a window of opportunity. The iphone orders are backlogged, the Incredible orders are backlogged, looks like Droid X will be backlogged also. AT&T is making a bad business move if they don't take this opportunity to grab as many Android customers as they can.

Here link to info on Droid X pre-orders being sold out:
Motorola Droid X May Already Be Sold Out

The Droid X's are shipping early:
Droid X Orders Landing Early? | Android Phone Fans

Verizon are letting backordered Incredible customers change to Droid
X with no charge:
Verizon letting customers change orders of Incredible to DROID X with no fee Boy Genius Report

Upvote 0
If Samsung has the capacity to produce and deliver the "Galaxy S" models to the carriers now is a window of opportunity. The iphone orders are backlogged, the Incredible orders are backlogged, looks like Droid X will be backlogged also. AT&T is making a bad business move if they don't take this opportunity to grab as many Android customers as they can.

Here link to info on Droid X pre-orders being sold out:
Motorola Droid X May Already Be Sold Out

The Droid X's are shipping early:
Droid X Orders Landing Early? | Android Phone Fans

Verizon are letting backordered Incredible customers change to Droid
X with no charge:
Verizon letting customers change orders of Incredible to DROID X with no fee Boy Genius Report

If you actually bothered to read your links the droid X being sold out was the one and only company that was taking pre-orders stopped taking them for a few days. That being best buy. Verizon has not and has stated they will not take any pre-orders on the X. So how exactlly does a phone without any pre-orders from the source sell out before going on sale?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones