Captivate replacement

1. LarrynKy

LarrynKy Active Member

By now many of us are eligible for a new phone from AT&T. Do you plan to replace your cappy? If so, which phone are you planning? Some I am considering include the HTC One X, Samsung Skyrocket, and the Samsung Galaxy S III. The HTC is currently available and has ICS but I think you can not user an expansion card thus limiting the space for photos, video and music. The Skyrocket is available but does not offer ICS yet but who wants to wait again for ATT and Samsung to figure that out. The S III isn't due until summer. At least the Cappy is working ok for now with Gingerbread. Please post any other phones you may be considering...thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

The only phone on the radar for me is the SGS3. Its miles ahead of my Captivate in every way and its a nice transition from what I'm used to. However, its not great enough to get me to burn an upgrade this summer. The truth is, the Captivate is still able to do everything it needs to as a smart phone.

I'm going to wait until Christmas / Black Friday to make my final decision. By then I'll be able to compare it to Apple's next iPhone and Google's next Nexus phone. If the SGS3 still holds up, I'll get it at discount. HTC One X is nice but not good enough to get me to switch from Samsung. Plus, HTC Sense is notoriously problematic.
  3. malibu_rapper

malibu_rapper Well-Known Member

I am waiting for the SGS III. I can definitely wait much longer since my Captivate is running so well on ICS, I really consider the SGS III to be a minor upgrade because the Captivate does things really well and it's plenty fast. The Captivate running ICS is like having a new phone to be honest with you, stability and speed wise it's almost as good as anything out there now. The new phones are getting big so having the slim and compact Captivate is underrated. So anyhow, I'll upgrade to the SGS III just to have it and shorten my upgrade wait cycle.
  4. El Niche

El Niche Well-Known Member

I'm on the same boat. Really liked the HTC One X but didnt like that the bootloaders were locked. Now, Im actually thinking of waiting for the next Nexus as ICS gave my cappy some life... Actually sometimes think of getting the current unlocked Nexus...
  5. NightHawk877

NightHawk877 Well-Known Member

I'm getting the Galaxy S 3 as well.
  6. dchawk81

dchawk81 Member

I'm ghetto with a Captivate on Straight Talk. I like not spending money so I think I'll sit.

Getting a new phone would be anticlimactic anyway since they don't actually DO anything new.