captivate running slower than beforeSupport

Last Updated:

1. tjvaughn

tjvaughn Member This Topic's Starter

so i have been wanting to switch a android phone for a while and a bud hooked me up with a captivate, i used it for about a month or two and switched back to my iphone because the android just ran slow as molassas which it should do on the captivate which has some beefy specs as i understand. so i switched back...

recently the 2.2 release (froyo) popped up on the net and everyone harped about how its 8 million times faster, so i upgrade to the 2.2 release following some instructions on gizmodo or some site similiar, now the phone runs even slower... perhaps if i was to strip the at&t 2.2 and put back on just stock standard android 2.2 it would improve? am i not flipping a switch?

i am dying to try out a android phone that supposedly can beat my iphone, please any advice, suggestions, smacks upside the head, whatever, it would all be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

First, welcome!

1. Froyo doesn't exist, so what you "upgraded" to is a pre-release, hacked version of a leaked ROM.
    2. Suggestion? Revert back to stock and await the official release of Froyo so that you can form a more realistic opinion regarding Captivate vs. iPhone speed.

3. tjvaughn

tjvaughn Member This Topic's Starter

could you point me in the direction of some instructions on how to "revert back to stock"?

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

The Captivate FAQ, which is a sticky, in lots of peoples' signatures, and mentioned in just about every thread on this forum, is always a good place to start. ;)

Resetting/Restoring - CapFAQ