Support Captivate taking long to boot up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by captivatethis, Nov 18, 2010.

1. captivatethis

captivatethis New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Hi guys! whenever i turn off my captivate and turn it back on again, it gets stuck on that flashing att wireless screen for a very long time! I've waited for up to 10-20 minutes for it to turn back on. Yesterday, it was stuck on that screen for a good 30 minutes, so I took out the battery to turn it off again because I couldnt wait. Then I put it back in and it flashed for another good 20 minutes until it turned on. Is this happening to anyone else? Please help me with what's going on. I don't know what's wrong. My phone is currently rooted, but I'm running on its original rom. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye
    VIP Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    What mods have you done, if any? Also have you tried a factory reset? There may be an app that is screwing up the start up?

3. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    maybe try returning the phone to factory, otherwise I would get a replacement asap.

4. captivatethis

captivatethis New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Well, the first couple days I had it, I used z4root and tried the cognition rom. But I wanted stock back. So I removed the rom and did a factory reset.

5. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye
    VIP Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    Cognition uses the voodoo lag fix; [edit, thank you sremick]then the z4mod (which is what I think you mean) is another lag fix; and they do not work together, the issue is since you did not disable them before you reset things are wonky. Best thing to do is a complete reflash. I strongly recommend using the odin one click to go back to 99.9% stock (android 2.1, root...), then use cognition from start. Cognition automatically runs Voodoo, so you do not need to do a lag fix

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Actually z4root isn't a lagfix... it's root-only, also made by RyanZA.

james27007 likes this.