Captivate text messages stuck as "sending"Support

Last Updated:

1. riverside

riverside Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having a strange bug where text messages don't change their status from "sending" to the timestamp. Has anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
  2. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member

actually today has been bad, uve had it stuck at sending then failed several times over and over, i think its a network issue.

3. riverside

Nah, it's been like this since August 28. Plus, the messages are being sent, they just aren't updating to the timestamp for whatever reason.

4. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member

ah that sucks maybe a factory reset is on order. Or plugging in the factory rom from xda see if it helps, you rooted etc and made changes to phone?

5. riverside

Yea, its rooted. But this problem occurred a few weeks after it was rooted.

6. tytdfn

tytdfn Member

Maybe your sms center number got erased by accident?

7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

That happens to me whenever I'm in an area with limited connection

8. JNKS

JNKS Member

I have had the same problem, mine has been doing it since august 19th. When I send a text with picture it does give me the time stamp, however a normal text message just sits on sending. The strength of my signal doesn't seem to matter. It happens every time, no matter what. It's tough because my wife says she is not receiving some texts while I'm at work where there is a terrible signal, but I have no way of knowing what sends and what doesn't. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. BTW I'm rooted and so is my wife and she does not have this problem on her Captivate.

9. cumonthepaj

cumonthepaj New Member

Did any of you find a solution to the issue. I really only notice when I have low reception. The time stamp is stuck on "Sending" yet the sms has still been sent. Strangely enough is if I switch my phone off and turn it back on the phone will resend all those texts that were previously stuck on sending. I had the issue on 1.6 and still after the Gingerbread 2.3.3 update.