Captivate Weak Signal

Last Updated:

1. Sheldor

Sheldor Active Member This Topic's Starter

I couldn't help but notice that the signal strength of my new Captivate was kinda weak. Holding it side by side to my brother's iPhone 4 I had three bars (usually 2), while my brother has a full five bars. I know it can be any number of things, but I feel that it's probably something like the GPS, where it needs some sort of fix.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem, or have any ideas of how to fix it.

Advertisement
  2. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

You can't really compare the iPhone 4 to the Captivate. Just physically, the iPhone 4's antenna looks to be a lot bigger and "better" (better = lol). So it may be indeed getting a better signal because of that or any other hardware or software difference.

With that said, I have yet to drop a call anywhere while I use my Captivate.

3. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

What software was he running? < 4.0.1 showed the wrong signal. I had a 3gs and a iP4, the Captivate has much better reception than both iphones.

4. born_fisherman

born_fisherman Well-Known Member

Going by the bars, I do show less bars than my previous phone (Samsung eternity). However, I have not had any issues with dropped calls or someone not hearing me due to the lesser bars shown (even none for that matter).

I would think it's probably a more accurate signal meter than my Eternity and actual better signal as I would constantly lose calls while inside my house - and have not had this problem with the Captivate.