• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate will not turn on, update was interrupted

mlb0028

Lurker
Apr 18, 2012
Decided to update my phone to gingerbread today and everything was going great until the upgrade was randomly interrupted for no reason and my screen turned red. there was nothing i could do so i took out the battery and the phone turned off. however, when i tried to do the emergency recovery on kies it wouldnt turn on even after holding the volume up/down button or the power button! what do I do??

Hey,

Are you able to pull the battery, put it back in, then turn it on?

How about trying to get into the recovery menu. You do it by....

Pulling the battery and reinserting it after 10seconds. Then you need to hold down the UP-DOWN-MIDDLE Volume buttons (yes the middle is a button), and the power button at the same time.

If that brings you to a recovery menu, you can fix it by flashing to a stock or custom rom. If not, you may need to check out alternative ways to get into the recovery menu.

If none of the ways to get into recovery work, try buying or making a 308ohm Jig. You can find Youtube or web posts on how to make it (or buy them on ebay for like $6). The JIG should bring you into download mode, which also lets you flash your phone with a ROM.

Anyway, let us know.

Upvote 0
no it seems to be hardbricked, i pulled out the battery and put it back in after a while and it still wont turn on. Ive tried the emergency download mode yet it wont even go to it. I went to ATT today to talk to the people and they didnt even look at my phone they just straight up told me they dont fix things and then tried to persuade me to buy a new phone:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones