1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

captivate won't go into flight modeSupport

1. galed

galed Member

Got my captivate about two weeks ago and love it so far. There's only one real issue:

I've been traveling a lot the last month, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed this... the thing won't go into flight mode. I haven't been able to find anything about this online, hopefully you guys can help

If I hold the power button until the dialog shows up, it displays "Flight mode is OFF", so I click it to turn it on. The dialog disappears and no airplane icon shows up. My Wifi or 3G connection persists. When I press and hold the power button again, the dialog shows up but the flight mode button is greyed out with the caption "Flight mode is ON" and I can't click on it.

If I try Home > Menu > Settings > Wireless and network and click on flight mode, the check mark turns green but it's transparent. The caption changes to "Disabling wireless connections..." and it just sits there until the screen turns off. When I turn the screen back on and unlock the phone, the check mark in the flight mode box is back to grey, with the label "Disable all wireless connections." Again, whatever connections I have persist.

Has anybody else run into this? How can I get it to actually go into flight mode? I'm using it as my music player and I'd like to be able to use it when I fly

P.S. it's rooted. I don't know if that matters

Advertisement
    :