Captivate Won't Sync With FacebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. SEARS

SEARS Member This Topic's Starter

I've had the Captivate for about 2 months now and during that time, I've never once got the contacts to sync up with my Facebook contacts. I've been to AT&T and they've told me that the phone is so new that they don't even know how to fix it.
    What it's doing is taking at least two minutes to try and "sync" and them I'm getting a notification telling me that the sync is down at this current time and should be up shortly. I'm thinking two months is a little longer than shortly.
    Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jaydee77ca

jaydee77ca Well-Known Member

Are you using JuiceDefender to disable data? I see that message once in a while and I figured it was because it tried to sync while data was disabled. If I force it to sync manually then it usually works. (Although there have been times it doesn't, not sure why, but it ends up working eventually. Perhaps Facebook is having issues or the sync is routed through Samsung servers?)

3. SEARS

No. I'm not using that. Actually, I'm not even really sure what that is.
    Whenever I try to manually get it to sync, it still does that. I don't know what's going on. I've tried pretty much everything I can to get it to work, and I'm completely out of ideas now.

4. tmparke

tmparke New Member

I just figured it out! Go to your contacts, hit the menu button (the first button at the bottom of your phone), select get friends, then select Facebook. It will take a min, but it will do it! I felt really dumb for not thinking of this sooner!

SEARS likes this.
  5. SEARS

Dude. I feel like a complete idiot for not thinking of this as well. I've been stumped by this for over 2 months. Thanks a lot man.