• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Can captivate sync to outlook contacts?

Welcome. There are several ways in which to accomplish this, one being the use of Kies. Although some have found the program helpful, others (including myself) consider it the worst piece of $@*% ever developed. I'll offer your a way that bypasses Google and Kies. Not my original post, so credit goes elsewhere. Hope it helps.

+++

Go to your contacts in Outlook, then selects the contacts you want (ctrl+click if you just want certain ones, shift+click to mass selects, etc.), then right click and go to "send full contact" and then "in internet format", and then send the email to yourself. Go to the email, save the contacts you wanted someplace you can find them.

After this, make sure your Captivate is either in "Mass Storage" connect mode or in "ask me" mode. Plug your phone in with the USB and open up the phone in explorer. In another window go to where you saved all those .vcf files and then copy them all to your phone.

Unplug your phone when you are done, then go to your contacts app. Open the menu->more->import/export->import from sd card->phone-> and then whichever option you want (I'd go with all).

+++

Not highly sophisticated, but enabled me to get my contacts from Outlook to the phone. As far as future syncs are concerned, I'll simply re-do the procedure using Outlook as the master database after I first delete the phone's contacts. BTW, there's a nifty program called Contact Remover by Mark Harmison (free from the Market) that'll delete all of your phone's contacts in one, quick operation. Kludgy? Yes. Effective? Yes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones