Capturing screenshots without rooting

Last Updated:

1. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been following (How To Capture Screenshots With Your Android Mobile Phone) to take screenshots from the phone.

The only part i couldn't do was the driver part. I plugged the phone in with USB Debugging on, it found a HTC phone (on XP), so i thought that was enough.

When i open DDMS.bat (Davlik) it opens, but there's no device, so i'm unable to take the screenshot.

Any help appreciated. (I'd like to add to the Desktop Theme thread)

Advertisement
  2. DesireMe

Just checking drivers and there's one called ADB and it's not installed properly. I've removed and tried again, it wont install and can't update.

And i also can't get it to pop up that: Found New Hardware: "HTC blah blah".

3. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I have the USB driver from the HTC Sync app loaded and when I turn on USB Debugging on the phone, DDMS shows it and I'm able to take screenshots and watch the log. I sometimes had issues with the Android SDK's USB driver, but since I've loaded the HTC Sync driver everything works every time. And, since I don't use HTC Sync, I just disabled all of it after I installed it, but the HTC Sync driver stays as default. (Windows Vista SP2)

DesireMe likes this.
  4. Goldy

Goldy Member

Looks like you have a Desire, so you need to install HTC Sync from your devices sd card if you haven't already, as I think that's the only place to get the desire driver from atm as its a newer device.

DesireMe likes this.
  5. DesireMe

Thanks guys!!

Installed HTC Sync from the Support pages on the HTC Website. Installed that and was able to see it and take the screenshots.