car app popping up

Last Updated:

1. jjotmo

jjotmo Member This Topic's Starter

Every time I take my droid out of my verizon pouch holster it goes into the car mode. Is this because of the magnet? It is really annoying when trying to answer calls.

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

Yes its because of the magnet. You need to remove it or buy a new case or try flipping the phone around.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Verizon makes a Droid holster that has a velcro closure instead of a magnet. Just a suggestion...

4. sradner

sradner Member

If you do not use a car dock at all, there's an app called "Dock Nothingness" which might help.

5. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Dock Blocker also works well. It is a paid app. If you use a car dock, you can use Dockrunner to launch the car dock. I use a car dock but don't like the car dock screen, so I actually prefer not having it.

6. Drang

Drang Active Member

Was wondering if anyone else had seen this.
    The wife and I were having the same issue, but for some reason only after the 2.2 update. I had just switched from the old Nite Eyes velcro-closure pouch (used w/old MotoQ9c) to the Verizon magnet closure acquired w/Droid, but she has been using that one all along; I had to take my phone and hold it next to the flap and then the body of the pouch to prove to her that that was doing it. (IIRC, the flap magnet activates dock mode, the body magnet activates car mode.)

7. sradner

sradner Member

The sensor in the phone is north/south sensitive. Depending on how they oriented the magnet in the case it would make sense that one would activate car mode and one would activate home dock mode. I tried a bunch of cases and most of the magnetic closures would muck with my phone, ended up with a pouch with no magnet.