• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Car AUX Input Issues

The AUX cable with volume worked, I just received it in the mail a few days ago. This is an extension cable, so I connected it to my existing AUX cable. Sure enough, it resolved the issue.

For good sound quality, you have to make sure to turn your Samsung device volume all the way up after you plug in the AUX cable. Then use you car volume knob for control. If I do not do this, I get static, poor sound quality, and even engine noise. So long as the Samsung and the new volume control mechanism are both turned all the way up, it sounds perfect. I may even super glue the sound control into the full volume position. It is very delicate, and brushing against the seats turns it down.

Here is a link to what I purchased:

Kalevel® Outdoor 1m 3.5mm Male to Female Stereo Headphone Audio Extension Cable Cord with Volume Control (Black)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M5UYU18/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While this works, it is a hack-job and super annoying, Samsung should fix this.

Upvote 0
Finally! I've been looking for a solution since I got my Note 4. Just for reference, my vehicle is a 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada with an after-market stereo. I got a 3.5mm cable extender with built in volume control in-store at Radio Shack for $9.99 (comes in white or black), turned up the volume on it and my phone and the static is 100% gone. Thank you to everybody who contributed to this thread!

Upvote 0
I also drive a Saab (2007 9-3) and been having the exact same issue as everyone using Galaxy S5. What's annoying is it seems to work fine with other devices, mainly ipod and iphone.
Some details with my issue:
It happens when I first plug in to aux. But then, like other have mentionned, there is a trick with unplugging aux cable then plugging it back again and somehow it works.
I also noticed that the sound disconnects only when the track/song changes from my own library. Or, like others, when getting a txt msg or phone call (however putting phone on silence solves this issue). But when I'm on spotify or soundcloud I don't have any issues when skipping songs.

Upvote 0
I joined this forum just so I could chip in..

I saw on saab site a sweeping statement along the lines of the S5 was fine with a late 93 SAAB but this was not the case for me (having just acquired an S5 and previously used an S2 and S3 without issues in my 2008 93 SAAB with the standard head unit). I too had the loud pops at the end of tracks followed by the audio diverting to handset speaker from the headphone socket. I sorted it by using an aux splitter that the kids use to share tunes through 2 sets of headphones. i.e 3.5 stereo male jack to 2 x 3.5 stereo female jacks, shoving in an old 'pound shop quality' pair of headphones into one of the female jacks and shoving my standard 2 x 3.5 male aux lead into the other female jack (and then on to the car aux socket). The impedance provided by the pound shop headphones seems to do the trick so no issues with the respective units becoming unrecognised, tracks play seamlessly now too. Thanks for all that posted previously to help me on the way. I'm still not sure if this is a h/w or s/w issue (if anybody knows any more about this please post back) - I might take a custom rom at some point (instead of the vanilla Vodafone UK one) and splatt the phone to see if it makes a difference. Meanwhile the aforementioned gubbins are now lashed up and taped underneath the dashboard semi-permanently out of sight. Cheers ! Paul

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung S4 and drive a 2007 Saab 9-5. Had the same problems as everybody else on here

This is what worked for me:

1: Attach charger to phone
2: Attach aux cable to phone, make sure headset symbol appears on top of the screen
3: Open spotify, press play/shuffle etc
4: Attach aux cable to car stereo
5: Switch to aux on the stereo (source)
6: Crank up volume on phone/stereo

Works every time

Upvote 0
I just had the same problem with an Xperia Z3, a KIA car and a simple 2-way AUX cable that used to work flawlessly on a different phone and in a different car.

I can confirm that the easiest solution is to buy a cable with built-in volume control. Even if the other end isn't plugged into the car radio, my Z3 immediately registers the cable as headphones and switches to AUX audio. For reference, I bought this cable by ugreen, which only cost me 7€: https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Ugreen...2OC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471072678&sr=8-1

From all the solution that is definitely the simplest and cheapest method. It's probably just the same as what you had before, only with an extra volume control. And having a music control button is actually fairly useful, I reckon :)
Thanks for the fine detective work!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones