car bluetooth - contacts not syncing issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. albalad

albalad New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there everyone ,

well , finally made the switch and got an android phone , very happy with my galaxy s , apart from 1 major issue i can't get my phonebook/contacts to sync with my in car bluetooth system. I can make and receive calls faultlessly , but definately have to be able to access my contacts - handsfree.
    everytime i try to re-pair it it offers an option to share contacts , but does not work once paired .

Can anyone more technically savvy than myself offer any ideas / help , unless i can get this to work the phone will have to go back :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Galaxy (i7500, not S) owner here, just passing through. I had exactly this issue with my handset, turned out to be a problem not with the phone but the car! I had them do a firmware update when the car was in for a service, and it fixed it.

3. iamgod

iamgod New Member

I had the same problem. Turned out that what I thought was contacts, wasn't contacts after all. Contacts on this phone, maybe on all android phones, is working in a kind of layer or layers. I thought importing my facebook and gmail contacts would be enough, but it wasnt. What I found out was that I had to import my contact list with the help of Samsung Kies to make it work. If you look in your Contact list you will see that a contact has several icons based on where the contact information were coming from. For a contact to be visible to the car bluetooth, it has to have a icon of a white phone on a green background. Hope this was helpful.

4. olapbill

olapbill New Member

depends on the car too. Phone contacts should sync. However with my MB c300 I had to force it across after paring from a sub menu in the phone settings of the car.

5. mrc7928

mrc7928 New Member

I had the same issue with my Samsung Fascinate...I was able to correct the issue by exporting my contacts to the SD card and then importing them back into the phone. Without the above explanation of how the contacts work, I may have wasted hours trying to figure it out. Thanks for the help.

6. Jason44

Jason44 New Member

RE: Samsung Galaxy S2 with Bluetooth Car Kit.

I had the same problem with the bluetooth system built into the new Ford Territory. This is how I fixed the problem when no contacts were visible in the car system. The phone was connected and able to make and receive calls. I expect this solution may also apply to many other bluetooth car systems when connecting to the Samsung Galaxy.

Ensure the notifications screen is open on your Galaxy S2. This is important as the failure to sync contacts is not displayed as an error.
    After the car kit connects to your phone you may notice a notification appear that the car kit is attempting to access your contacts. Just select OK and allow each time and this fixed the problem for me.

Still not impressed with the car bluetooth system as a whole as it disconnects and flicks calls to the handset while in use from time to time.... I would like to know why it does that! ;)

7. bilmar72

bilmar72 New Member

Re Samsung S2 with Bluetooth Car Kit

I have been trying for some time to download the contacts from my new Galaxy S2 to my Toyota Prado. It was clear that the car was asking permission of the phone for access and the phone was refusing. I have now managed the transfer by setting to phone to export the contacts at the same time as getting the car to request the contacts.

But it seems that I was simply not on the phone's "notifications page" referred to in Jason44's post. How do I access that page on the S2?

Thanks

8. Modefour

Modefour New Member

Hi the original post was about the galaxy s not the s2. I have always been able to share contacts until I updated phone from 2.2 to 2.3. My friend has the s2 (2.3) and when we use her phone the share contacts request comes up. Can anyone let us know how to to do this on the S not the s2.

9. bigunk

bigunk New Member

I want to go the other way in this. I have 2500 contacts and my bluetooth can only hold 250, so I need to disable syncing. Anyone know how to do this?