• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car bluetooth fm transmitter

Thanks very much "xmr405o" for your reply.

This looks very interesting ... but ...

Since i do not want do deal with its charging .

And i dont see how i can charge this device while driving .

Also , i do dont like to attach this device on the cars sun visor .

An ideal instrument for me would be something like this but with a usb power plug intead of a car power plug

1.0" LCD A2DP Bluetooth MP3 Player FM Transmitter with Caller ID Handsfree (SD/MMC/USB/2.5mm) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

caller id is not necessary , nor sd or mmc .

And i dont want a speaker on it . And i would not want it to be with

a battery .

Its purpuse is to receive audio from the phone via bluetooth and transmit it

to the car fm radio.

Upvote 0
Thanks very much "xmr405o" for your reply.

This looks very interesting ... but ...

Since i do not want do deal with its charging .

And i dont see how i can charge this device while driving .

Also , i do dont like to attach this device on the cars sun visor .

An ideal instrument for me would be something like this but with a usb power plug intead of a car power plug

1.0" LCD A2DP Bluetooth MP3 Player FM Transmitter with Caller ID Handsfree (SD/MMC/USB/2.5mm) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

caller id is not necessary , nor sd or mmc .

And i dont want a speaker on it . And i would not want it to be with

a battery .

Its purpuse is to receive audio from the phone via bluetooth and transmit it

to the car fm radio.

I keep mine charge via USB because I have a USB to mini USB cord. I keep it plugged to my usb port on my head unit but the charge on that thing lasts for a few days so technically I don't need to keep it plugged in.

However I did find this one. It has a car charger but based on the specs and pics you can
also use a USB cord to power it.

Proximus P16-41418 Bluetooth

Reactions: Parshooter
Upvote 0
Again , thanks for your reply .

I guess i didnt explain my arrangement in details enough .

This is my power plug :

Buy.com - Innergie mMini DC10 10W Dual 2.1 Amp USB Auto Adapter for iPad 1 and 2, iPod, iPhone, Tablet PC's, Smart Phones and other Mobile Devices

So, i have 2 usb power jacks .

Regularly i charge my phone in it and the passenger beside me also charge his phone in it .

When i need to navigate . The passenger takes out its phone from the

charger and then i am supposed to insert my bluetooth fm transmitter which

has a usb power plug .

It is true i could have bought these two :

12 V VOLT CAR CIGARETTE LIGHTER POWER SOCKET ADAPTER 2 PLUG DUAL Y SPLITTER | eBay

and charge my phone with a suitable charger cable like this one ( and so the passenger) :

NEW OEM USB RAPID PREMIUM PHONE POWER CAR CHARGER for HTC Rezound Vivid Amaze 4G | eBay

But this arrangement is too bulky ... all these car power plugs .... wont fit in

any car !

So i switched to a usb car power splitter .

This same cable that comes out from this splitter connects to a house ac

wall home charger .... so i carry one cable less. so this cable is being used

on 2 chargers ... and also to transfer data from the phone to the computer.

So i cant go back to car power plugs .

I will just wait for the bluetooth fm transmitter which has a usb power plug
...... to be manufactured.

It will happen.

micro usb cable :

MICRO USB 2.0 DATA CABLE BLACKBERRY 8900 8520 9700 9780 9530 9550 8220 9630 8530 | eBay

AC Wall Home Charger :

5V 1A USB AC Wall Home Charger + 6ft 2M Micro USB cable for Dell phone Venue Pro | eBay

Your first proposal was closer to my wish . ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
"Jhonjake" ... You suggestion lacks of bluetooth. But if we ignore that and accept the physical audio cable .... There is a problem : it doesnt have that correct charging cable. itd end is suppose to be a usb plug and not a car power plug . Also , there is no possibility to put/attach the small device anywhere, because the phone is attached to the windshield . (it would swing around and bump)

If we go in this direction .. i have a better option : can anyone confirm that the audio plug is the same as the galaxy s 2 i1900 ?

200 Channel (3.5mm) FM Transmitter with Car Charger

Upvote 0
Yes, "xmr405o" , i saw all the versions of the motorola , there are 3-4 versions of it .
I have decided not to buy it . One device with a battery is enough : the smartphone.

I am looking at my last option

Mini Rechargeable FM Transmitter w/ 3.5mm Plug for iPhone 4 - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

How is the quality of this device ?

I have one bad experience with weird looking devices from deal extream . i bought a small device that can record audio from a phone call ... when i connected it to the pc ... i said bye bye to half my pc audio card . after opening this device i saw that the soldering has been made by a 2 years old .

Upvote 0
Yes, "xmr405o" , i saw all the versions of the motorola , there are 3-4 versions of it .
I have decided not to buy it . One device with a battery is enough : the smartphone.

I am looking at my last option

Mini Rechargeable FM Transmitter w/eR 3.5mm Plug for iPhone 4 - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

How is the quality of this device ?

I have one bad experience with weird looking devices from deal extream . i bought a small device that can record audio from a phone call ... when i connected it to the pc ... i said bye bye to half my pc audio card . after opening this device i saw that the soldering has been made by a 2 years old .

I honestly couldn't tell you about the quality of that device. It's probably equivalent to the Jupiter jack. It looks similar to me. I wouldn't expect too much.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about charging the t505 or the roadster since you have a USB splitter. I travel about 2 and a half hours round trip everyday. I use my t505's fm transmitter a lot on the weekends too and I charge it once a week. And since you have a USB splitter for charging, you probably would never need to take it out of your car to charge it unlike me. Having an internal battery isn't always a bad thing. It actually a good thing for you because your phone and your buddy's phone will probably need more time on the USB splitter than the t505 or the roadster. I forgot to tell you, I use my t505 as an external speaker too so that affects my battery life. I bet if I didn't use the speakers, I wouldn't need to charge it every week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones