Car bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. RhinoDoc

RhinoDoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have a Hero, and ever since upgrading to any 2.1 ROM the Bluetooth doesn't work with my car (a 2008 Infiniti M35). I know this has been an issue with other Hero users. Is there any reason to expect things to be any different with Evo? Any early users out there who find their Evo works better than a Hero? For the record, my phone links, it will ring in the car and I can answer it, but I can't talk or hear handsfree. I have to disconnect from the car and use the phone.

Advertisement
  2. thezlog

thezlog Well-Known Member

For what its worth my 2010 Mazda 3 GT paired with my friends Incredible could do everything.

I could even play/pause Pandora and skip songs which was a real treat.

We couldn't find anything that we would want or hope for that the phone wouldn't do. It was perfect.

The EVO should be exactly the same.

3. big evo dog

big evo dog Well-Known Member

how did you pair it in mazda 3 ? i have the same car with evo and only calling work, navi and music has no sound. how ???

4. gloryrivasmiranda

gloryrivasmiranda New Member

How do I download my HTC hero phone numbers via Bluetooth to my 2008 Mercedes 350?

5. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

My Evo works fine in my '11 Sonata.

6. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Well-Known Member

Evo works fine in my acura TL type S and BMW M5.

7. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

For car specific questions, I'd suggest you find a forum dedicated to that car.

As far as pairing the Evo, it took me about 6 tries before I got it to connect to BT. I still have no idea what I might have done differently that last time, but it's been fine ever since.

As far as Mazda goes, I don't know about the 3, but BT in my MX-5 only supports calling. the A2DP profile for music isn't enabled in my car. Mazda uses radios from a number of different suppliers, so it's possible that some radios will support this and others won't.

8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

to the OP, i have a2008 nissan armada with the bluetooth built in, which is the same system in the QX and your model. i had the hero since launch day and now have the evo since launch. the evo paired nicely with the armada and works just as well as the hero did. it even shows my username on the screen when the phone is in use. i can also voice dial thru the car also.

9. seistoes

seistoes Member

Prior to the update my Evo paired seamlessly with my Mazda 6. After the update, I can no longer advance song tracks with the Music player or skip tracks with Pandora. :(